Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like Vince in the Attitude Era or like The Authority during Bryan's YES movement?

Would you like to see that type of storyline in AEW? Or has it been too overdone in WWE?

Not sure if anyone has already brought this up in a past thread, but I think with a younger Tony Khan abusing his power and being the evil boss, that could make for a great storyline for someone like Darby Allin to overcome or maybe Hangman Page. Not now of course, the priority now is to get your wrestling talent over, but later down the line, maybe in 2-4 years would you like to see AEW's take on the evil boss storyline?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I'm not sure Tony has the presence or acting ability to pull that off. If anything, it will be Cody playing that role.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
No. No more onscreen authority figures, face or heel.

If a talent proceeds to assault him onscreen though, it should result in a subsequent firing.

Assaults on authority figure tend to be of no real consequence these days.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
No, that role is meant to be Cody's. Cody not only has legit executive powers in AEW, he also looks like the lovechild of Eric Bischoff and Neal McDonough, has a hot wife, and dresses like his old man's archnemesis Ric Flair. But sure, OP, Tiny Tony is an absolutely perfect fit to be AEW's Vince.

Geez, it's times like these where I wish wrestlers were actually lurking in forums like this one and stan my comments. Why? Because I am that damn good!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Didn't Tony himself say he had no desire to be on TV? If a person doesn't want to do it, they probably won't do it well

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
No...he looks about as intimidating as a Woody Allen character. Maybe it could work with a few giant guys to be his enforcers, but we need a long period without some evil authority figure. Was too overdone for too long. Even WWE stopped.

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Yes, just so I can rub it in to AEW fans who thought that they would be something different. We've already seen Brandi do the Stephanie role.

But people are right, it'll probably be Cody.

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Tony Khan says he's never wanted to be an on-screen character, yet I'm sure I've seen PLENTY of him. Saw him take a Stunner, see him at every post-scrum. The character thing is just like them saying they don't want to do any ridiculous stories and listen to the fans -- it's tokenism aimed at counter-playing WWE, but doesn't reflect their actual philosophy.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
You are way too invested in being right, my man. It’s why you don’t have any meaningful convos with anyone of a dissenting opinion.

Here: you flat out wish bad will on the company as a means to be “right”.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts