Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,919 Posts
Nope. He's an ok talent but not good enough that I want to see him that much w/ that much emphasis.

Who I'd like to see as top heel =

Wyatt > Owens > New Day > Ambrose

I don't even know where Rusev falls on the line of succession but he's far from my top pick.
I'd go Wyatt > New Day > Rusev > Ambrose > Rollins

·
Oh My Goddess
3,580 Posts
New Day is a fun act but doesn't really belong in the same discussion. They are a stable, not a solo act. None of the guys have the potential to be main eventers or sometimes such as solo artists.

The other four are basically down to personal preference. All are talents with big ceilings if they are handled well. I enjoy them all but my list presently would probably be something like

Rusev = Rollins =/> Ambrose > Wyatt

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,878 Posts
Rusev would be dope as a top heel. I want Lana back with Rusev though. Maybe Lana can strike some kind of deal that hurts Rusev IOT be by his side again. Because this Ziggler shit is going nowhere fast.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
New Day is a fun act but doesn't really belong in the same discussion. They are a stable, not a solo act. None of the guys have the potential to be main eventers or sometimes such as solo artists.
Problem with a stable as the top heel? Been done before. All 3 of the guys have main event level talent but it doesn't matter. You put the title on one guy and have them hold onto like Cerberus guarding the gates of hell.

Possibly have them defend it under a Freebird rule type thing. They're an entertaining stable and it'd be a fresh type of storyline. We don't just need new guys, we need to see them doing different shit. New talent given the same role of "solo heel champion opening show with promo/closing with a segment" has grown stale. Put three slightly goofy guys against the babyface roster defending the title as if they're one person. I want to see that.

I'd go Wyatt > New Day > Rusev > Ambrose > Rollins
Wouldn't fight it too hard tbh. Ominous lack of Owens though.

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,544 Posts
Better than Wyatt and Owens indeed...

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,919 Posts
Problem with a stable as the top heel? Been done before. All 3 of the guys have main event level talent but it doesn't matter. You put the title on one guy and have them hold onto like Cerberus guarding the gates of hell.

Possibly have them defend it under a Freebird rule type thing. They're an entertaining stable and it'd be a fresh type of storyline. We don't just need new guys, we need to see them doing different shit. New talent given the same role of "solo heel champion opening show with promo/closing with a segment" has grown stale. Put three slightly goofy guys against the babyface roster defending the title as if they're one person. I want to see that.

Wouldn't fight it too hard tbh. Ominous lack of Owens though.
Personal preference. I don't think I can buy Owens as the big bad, not without a stable. Same for Rollins, without the Authority he's not a believable heel champ.

·
Oh My Goddess
3,580 Posts
Well you have a higher opinion of them than I do.

Woods is fine but nothing like a main eventer to me. Big E can be amusing but does not measure up to Rusev (or Owens or even Harper) as a big man imo. The only one of the trio I ever saw possible main eventer in was Kofi. I think that ship has sailed though.

However, I do agree they are fun. I have no problem with them as an act otherwise. I also would like to see Raw open with a match or something different besides an in ring promo from a select few.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Personal preference. I don't think I can buy Owens as the big bad, not without a stable. Same for Rollins, without the Authority he's not a believable heel champ.
Tell you what, I wasn't quite convinced either. And then he powerbombed MGK off of the stage. I guess we'll see because I'm sure he'll get a shot at it.

Well you have a higher opinion of them than I do.

Woods is fine but nothing like a main eventer to me. Big E can be amusing but does not measure up to Rusev (or Owens or even Harper) as a big man imo. The only one of the trio I ever saw possible main eventer in was Kofi. I think that ship has sailed though.

However, I do agree they are fun. I have no problem with them as an act otherwise. I also would like to see Raw open with a match or something different besides an in ring promo from a select few.
Woods is like a newer version of Jericho. He can trash talk with the best of them on today's roster and he's a workhorse. Not as charismatic as Jericho but more charismatic than a lot of people in and around the main event.

Big E can work the mic and is probably the strongest guy on the roster. How good he is as a "big man" isn't really relevant imo. He's a good mic worker who can have great matches (and actually looked very legit in his ppv match vs Rusev) and is just waiting on serious solo presentation.

Kofi is indeed, a diamond under pressure. All he needs is the same pressure applied to him as during his feud with Orton.

But again, I hope we'll see either way.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts