Wrestling Forum banner

Would you like to see Hassan return?

• Hell yeah, this guy was fuckin amazing.

Votes: 25 64.1%
  • Nah, he was good, but his gimmick is outdated

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Who?

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I think we all know that Muhammad Hassan was an amazing heel, and was forced by the channel to leave, which was very dissapointing, but if he were to return, would you welcome him back?

I for one, would love to see him come back. He was phenomenal. In 2005, he was like 23 years old, a rookie, and could work the mic better than most veterans.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would but no tv network would want to be associated with his characters nowadays especially WWE
Well, they're in a different channel now. Sci-Fi, with all the science fiction programs they have, seem like they wouldn't have a problem with Hassan on there.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
How many times is the name Muhammad Hassan going to be brought up around here? His character was over the top for UPN network and they eventually kicked him off. I didn't think that was neccessary and I thought Hassan brought a nice appeal to the Wrestling world and a potentially exciting gimmick. However, If it was up to him he could of went to TNA or made some type of push back into the WWE. It has been said many times that he lacked the passion for the Wrestling business and wanted to pursuit an acting career so move the fuck on and quit bringing him up every other day.

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
I was a fan. Heck even if he has a different alias or name change, it would be cool too.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Oh god yes.

I loved how subversive the gimmick was at first, before they went full blown heel with it. At first, the Hassan character was just pointing out the prejudice towards muslims who are American citizens, and getting treated as a heel for that. Then a "face" would come out and be all narrow-mindedly ultra patriotic, and the audience would cheer. The storyline manipulated the audience into treating Hassan like he was a foreigner, having them chant "USA" for his opponent, despite Hassan being as American as the other guy. It was awesome.

And even when he went full blown heel, you could argue that he was forced into it by the "bigoted fans". It was a really interesting storyline and it's a shame that the TV people balked at it. Although to be fair to them, having masked "terrorists" abduct people was a pretty stupid direction to take the storyline.

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
I'd be more tempted to say his gimmick was outdated if the world wasn't just as whiny and neurotic as it has been for the last ten years.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
He got more heat than any of the top heels today within a few weeks. He's a heat machine.
Also, he was a good worker and had charisma. If he came back it would be great.

Unfortunately it is 2011. WWE PG won't accept the character.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I liked him but I don't care if he's back or not.

I'd much rather see the end of these threads every other day. How hard is the search function?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts