Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you like to see a big, strong, badass, silent yet charismatic wrestler destroying everyone and after a few months winning the WHC or the WWE title? I don't mean one that's exactly like Goldberg, you know one with "100+ winning streak" because that would be a carbon copy, Lesnar had a GOldberg-like push and they didn't keep track of his victories.

I woulodn't mind at all, I like Goldberg and Lesnar and even if they weren't by any means great on the mci they were over and had charisma, you don't need to be funny like Jericho to be charismatic. And let's face it, monster pushes for powerhouses usually work, look at Batista and Lashley, the latter oen wasn't very charismatic but the crowd for some reason cheered for him.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Just about every big wrestler coming in gets that kinda push. Goldberg, Lesnar, Umaga etc.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just about every big wrestler coming in gets that kinda push. Goldberg, Lesnar, Umaga etc.
But Umaga never won the big one and never became a top wrestler in the company like GOldberg and Lesnar became faces of their own comapnies.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Then the IWC would shit on him like there's no tomorrow the second he gets hot, calling him talentless and just another version of Goldberg.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
It's very early on, but Zeke could be that guy. He basically possesses all of the things that made Goldberg a star, the difference being that Zeke actually has charisma.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's very early on, but Zeke could be that guy. He basically possesses all of the things that made Goldberg a star, the difference being that Zeke actually has charisma.
LOL @ claiming Goldberg had no charisma :lmao Has Lesnar or Batista had teh crowd chant their names non stop for 5 minutes?

·
Registered
95 Posts
LOL @ claiming Goldberg had no charisma :lmao Has Lesnar or Batista had teh crowd chant their names non stop for 5 minutes?
I thought those chants were recorded and filtered through the audio system. At least I remember hearing something about that.

·
Banned
8 Posts
Huh? Does that equal charisma? I don't think the character exactly oozed with charima but there was definitely something likeable about him plus I couldn't help but love everything he done in the ring.

I can see the point about Ezekial Jackson. The guy looks like a machine and feel he definitely could be pushed to the main event scene. Didn't understand why he was drafted to Raw but lets hope they have something planned for his future.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought those chants were recorded and filtered through the audio system. At least I remember hearing something about that.
Even if some where you could clealry see people chanting Goldberg's name at his match against Hogan in 98. Goldberg was very over and the most popular wrester in 98 after Stone Cold, and this is a fact.

KMiller9 said:
Huh? Does that equal charisma?
If the crowd cares about you and reacts to you throughout your matches then you're charismatic, also he was a huge draw.

·
Banned
8 Posts
If the crowd cares about you and reacts to you throughout your matches then you're charismatic, also he was a huge draw.
What? I don't really see the logic here, personally I don't think Orton has a charismatic bone in his body, he still gets one of the loudest pops in the WWE today?

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What? I don't really see the logic here, personally I don't think Orton has a charismatic bone in his body, he still gets one of the loudest pops in the WWE today?
Oh please don't turn this into other Orton thread :no:

Anyway, while I think Orton isn't the most charismatic main eventer ever he has some charisma but I don't think he's suited for a main eventer.

What's your definition of charisma then?

·
Banned
8 Posts
No intention of turning it into 'another Orton thread' I just picked up on your generalisation that I didn't agree with and showed an example of why I didn't agree with it. I'd personally define it (in wrestling terms) as someone who has a real attraction, can stand up and cut a promo that has me really feeling the words they are saying. The type of thing a Cena, Barrett or Del Rio has shown in recent times. Personally, this is something I have never felt of Orton. Never felt convinced by anything he says, don't believe he has the ability to sell real emotion in his promos.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
A returning AHMED JOHNSON!!!

But seriously would love WWE to make Samoa Joe an offer he can't refuse, Joe can shed a few kilos, and then come in and use his full moveset to completely drill the fuck out of the entire RAW roster.

I for one think he would be a huge success.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Goldbergs push worked well because he looked like the total package, had great in ring psychology and to top it off a kick-ass theme tune.

If WWE want to give some one a "Goldberg push", they need to copy the above.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
No, that sort of push is outdated and wouldn't work these days.

Disagree.I actually think that to an extend it would work better in today's PG WWE dominated by kid crowds.
Wrestling in 1998 was in a very smarkish state and people knew what a push meant.Yet Goldberg worked well,but todays WWE viewers would probably believe in the magic of someone being undefeated(like Taker).

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
A lot of the internet has somehow bought into the idea that Goldberg was nothing despite doing a 650k buyrate on a one match show against Kevin Nash (who historically was never a draw) and selling out the Georgia Dome while beating Austin/Rock/McMahon/Taker/Foley in their prime in the ratings in his match vs Hogan.

Anyways, yes, that type of character is always interesting and makes for a good matchup when they finally face a true top guy like Undertaker or Cena. If it's the right guy (Lesnar, Goldberg) and he dismantles guys without selling much at all it looks believable and creates a lot more intrigue for a challenger to someone like Taker or Cena than another Edge vs Cena or another Sheamus vs Cena match.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts