Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Random question, would you enjoy seeing a one-off event (maybe once a year, maybe once ever) episode of Raw where the whole show is dedicated to wrestlers who've passed on? Kind of a combination of the post-mortem tribute shows that Eddie and Owen had, one night with matches and segments giving a look back at the WWE's past.

On the plus side it'd provide some great matches and nostalgia, be a nice break from the norm and hopefully educate newer fans of wrestlers from yesteryear.

On the negatives side, maybe once a year is too much as sooner or later, guys associated with the deceased won't be with WWE anymore (Eg. If Rey, Chavo and others retire, who would be around to provide an Eddie tribute? It'd be harder to make a link as the roster refreshes).

Personally I think a one-off would be nice, tributing Eddie, Owen, Andre, Pillman etc etc etc.

Opinions? Or matches/segments you'd like to see?

·
Registered
477 Posts
WWE doesn't want to draw attention to the deaths of wrestlers.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,564 Posts
With all due respect, I don't think they should remind of those tragic deaths... and, newer fans have everything at their disposal to learn about these unfortunate passings...

And, putting myself in a wrestler like HHH's shoes for a minute, I wouldn't necessarily feel good about it either on many levels.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
They don't need to have tribute shows. In sports, you don't see a tribute ceremony every year for someone famous in that organization who died.

Though WWE should recognize the anniversary of a death like how last year they posted a small article in their site talking about the 10th anniversary of owens death.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts