Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Got to remember WWE has quite a few WCW wrestlers,,
Jerhico, Big Show, Mysterio, Morrison, Regal, Gold Dust(Dustin Rhodes), Chavo, Finlay

TNA: Sting, Richards, Tomko, Nash, Hogan, Bischoff, Raven, Moore,Flair, Morgan, RVD,Jarrett, Kendrick i think was in WCW as well.

Most of the WCW roster isn't wrestling in the 2 companys..

Steiner brothers, Booker T, Stevie Ray, Bagwell, Norton, Luger, Page, Goldberg, Hall while in rehab, Alex Wright, Macho Man, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Kidman, Juventud, The Cat, Kurt Hennig, Perry Saturn, and even Bret Hart, Dean
Malenko, Arn Anderson. There is a few more like Warrior, The LWO, Piper, Valentine, Martell, Rick Rude, Ted Dibiase and the list goes on. Those are also the names most people think off when thinking of WCW. They were the guys who were on when they were destroying WWE in the ratings.

To say TNA is WCW is retarded and honestly people who do say that obviously didn't watch WCW.
1st. Tomko, Richards, Morgan, Kendrick, Kendrick & Morrison weren't in WCW. Who really remembers RVD in WCW, I mean did he ever win a match? Hell is there even video of him in WCW.

When was the last time Stevie Ray, Bagwell, Norton, Luger, Goldberg, Alex Wright, The Cat, Perry Saturn, Dean Malenko, Anderson, Piper, Valentine, Martel, & DiBiase wrestled a match?

·
Registered
511 Posts
The thing is a lot of those wrestlers had good careers in both WWE and WCW so names like
Macho Man
Hogan
Piper
Diesel(Kevin Nash)
Razor Ramon(Scott Hall)
Mr. Perfect (Curt Henning)
Bret Hart
may get some people to think of WCW others though would likely think of WWE first.

·
Registered
813 Posts
To say TNA is WCW is retarded and honestly people who do say that obviously didn't watch WCW.
WCW, circa 1997-2000
Start: Began as a regional promotion affiliated with the NWA
Highest Paid Wrestlers: Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Sting
Head bookers: Vince Russo, Eric Bischoff, Hogan.
Major pitfall: Wasting too much air time on well-past-their-prime talent while suppressing younger stars

TNA, circa 2009-2010
Major pitfall: Wasting too much air time on well-past-their-prime talent while suppressing younger stars

Clearly, anyone drawing ANY relation between WCW and TNA is "retarded".

·
Registered
124 Posts
1st. Tomko, Richards, Morgan, Kendrick, Kendrick & Morrison weren't in WCW. Who really remembers RVD in WCW, I mean did he ever win a match? Hell is there even video of him in WCW.

When was the last time Stevie Ray, Bagwell, Norton, Luger, Goldberg, Alex Wright, The Cat, Perry Saturn, Dean Malenko, Anderson, Piper, Valentine, Martel, & DiBiase wrestled a match?
Yea my mistake about Tomko, Morgan, Kendrick but Richards was in WCW and a member of Raven's flock. Morrison used the name Johnny Nitro in WCW.
But that also makes my point more valid as there is not very many WCW wrestlers in TNA.

·
Registered
124 Posts
WCW, circa 1997-2000

TNA, circa 2009-2010

Clearly, anyone drawing ANY relation between WCW and TNA is "retarded".

WCW ratings peaked when Bichoff was running the show then Time warner came in and took his power away and thats when it went downhill along with hiring Russo in the later stages..
Hogan and EB without them there wouldnt be nWo hence no DX or the whole monday wars. I agree about Russo though he does suck.

·
Registered
314 Posts
they can bring in Blitzkrieg, Super Calo, Jerry Flynn, Ice Train, Prince Iaukea, and El Dandy as a WCW Reunion stable.
Throw in Norman Smiley and you'll set records for PPV buy rates.

·
RESTINPEACE
1,182 Posts
WWE is still entertainment and TNA is WCW again and ROH is the ECW of 2000s with the ECW reunion it was something special back in 2005 in my opinon is the best ppv of all time. ECW brought some thing different that WWF and WCW couldnt offer back in the 90s it was a thank you to what the ECW originals did in the 90s and ECW won't be forgotten it can now rip.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yea my mistake about Tomko, Morgan, Kendrick but Richards was in WCW and a member of Raven's flock. Morrison used the name Johnny Nitro in WCW.
But that also makes my point more valid as there is not very many WCW wrestlers in TNA.
John Morrison got his real start during Tough Enough III... in 2002... after WCW ceased to exist. He used the name Johnny Nitro as a nod to WCW, but he never actually wrestled in WCW.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Morrison was Johnny Nitro in WWE. The guy came straight out of Tough Enough.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.