Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while cleaning earlier I found one of my dad's old VHS tapes of Wrestle War '92 and was thinking about the War Games match, pretty awesome if you ask me and I think it would be cool to see it used again. Could work well with the Survivor Series ppv, thoughts?

·
Registered
511 Posts
If there was a stable today then yes. Not as much with a random faces vs random heels or random Raw wrestlers vs random Smackdown wrestlers. That is what the elimination chamber is for.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I would love to see it and i always believed that Vince McMahon should have booked a War Games match for SummerSlam last year between Team WWE led by John Cena against The Nexus as it would have really added to the match and the feud. If, as i believe he will, John Cena turns heel at WrestleMania 28 against The Rock and forms a stable with Triple H, Kevin Nash and maybe a couple of others then i would love to see them against Team Punk.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
It would have to be a well built stable feud leading into it, imo. I don't wanna just see some random one for the sake of it and plz no PPV named after it.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Hunter has been wanting to bring it back but Vince don;t wanna do it. I think it would be good to see WWE do it even for a one off
I heard that Triple H was proposing a War Games match for Survivor Series 2002 but McMahon wasn't keen on using a WCW idea and so they designed the Elimination Chamber instead. It's a shame, I'd love to see War Games in WWE. This year I hope the go for it; CM Punk's team (made up of ROH renegades Colt Cabana, Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli & Luke Gallows) vs Triple H & Kevin Nash's team (any ideas?) Could be awesome.

·
Squared Circle Gimmick
5,371 Posts
WWE has evolved the Royal Rumble to 40 men (Which they didn't really need to do imo...)

Now it's time to evolve the Survivor Series to Survivor Series: The War Games (Something that they need to do)

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
HELL YEAH !!

there are many WCW themes i'd love to happen , like a War Games match , or a Tower of Doom match , hell even the WCW events like Spring Breakdown where you had a pool around the ring

damn i miss WCW :(

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
What was War Games? A bit before my time
it's like a royal rumble but you had three rings instead of one

EDIT : oh wait that was the World War 3 match

the War Games match is two rings surrounded by a cage .. the match consists of two teams of five or six , and it starts by a members of each team fighting the other , then every two minutes or so a member of another team enters the battle by order

·
women sense my power and they seek the life essenc
11,657 Posts
There's a few reasons why it won't happen:

1. They're usually pretty brutal matches and WWE apparently doesn't do those anymore

2. The cage surrounds the ring and is on top of the ring so there's no chance to use foreign objects (unless you use the turnbuckle like a weappon like "The Cruncher" Larry Zbyszko). The art of having an insanely violent brawl without foreign objects has basically been lost.

3. The only way to win is for somebody to give up. I just don't see this working in 2011 WWE.

But of course they could technically do Wargames match where pinfalls count and everyone is using chairs and tables and garbage cans but it wouldn't really be a Wargames match.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Yes, loved the War Games matches. There are quite a few things I hoped WWE would incorporate from WCW when they bought them out, including the War Games format.

Even if they don't want to call them a War Games match and pretend it's their own creation, i'd settle for a 4 vs 4 or 5 vs 5 HIAC match in the same format as War Games with participants from either team entering at designated periods for the Survivor Series main events.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Yes, yes, and fuck yes.

WarGames, imo, is one of the best concepts in pro wrestling in the past 25 years. WCW did some great matches with those and it's a shame WWE has not used it since it's demise. I would love for it to come back. It could come back as a way to build a heated match. Perhaps Team Punk v. Team Nash?

·
Premium Member
5,901 Posts
If you are going to bring it back, you’ve got to reform The 4 Horseman. Their record is a mighty 1-15! Having lost 14 in a row!! It’s an impressive stat.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts