Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A heel type gimmick were he has like an alter ego. And at one point he is like the nicest guy that will fool the hell out of you and then he has like a major mood swing and beats the holy hell outta someone. And because he is so aggressive and talented this mood swing starts cleaning out the locker room till he gains the vipers attention.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Daniel Bryan doesn't need a gimmick.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
Daniel Bryan and Mr. Hyde? I don't think so. It's unnecessary and wouldn't suit him.

Where do you come up with this shit?

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
That sounds like he already acts , he acts nice unless you piss him off and when you do he rips your face off (See : Nexus Invasion featuring tie choke , Dolph Ziggler beatdown , etc)

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mr Hyde?????? is my thoughts anyway is that chavo because that is not even close to the type of gimmick I am talking about I think I am picturing this a lot better then you guys are imagining it LOL

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
Mr Hyde??????
Don't tell me you've never heard of a world famous story like that. fpalm

Dr Henry Jekyll / Edward Hyde
The dual title character is a doctor who has covered up a secret life full of cruel deeds. He feels as if he is constantly battling within himself between what is good and what is evil, and is pushing away people dear to him. After drinking a potion of his own creation, Jekyll is transformed into the smaller, younger, cruel, remorseless, evil Edward Hyde, representing the hidden side of Dr Jekyll's nature brought to the fore. Dr Jekyll has many friends and has a friendly personality, but as Mr Hyde, he becomes mysterious, violent, and secretive. As time goes by, Mr Hyde grows in power. After taking the potion repetitively, he no longer relies upon it to unleash his inner demon i.e. his alter ego. Eventually, Mr Hyde grows so strong that Dr Jekyll becomes reliant on the potion to remain himself.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't tell me you've never heard of a world famous story like that. fpalm
LOL I know who Hyde is never read the story but I heard of it, control your palm pyro. Just a monster such as hyde wasn't quite what I was thinking of unless it was a Halloween segment.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Mixed feeling. The last time he did the similar thing Vince fired him shortly after. But i'd love to see Nexus-Bryan again.

·
#StayClassyWF
1,082 Posts
Wouldn't the premise of this be exactly like when Bob Backlund started to turn heel? When he started to go crazy but looked shocked after he had done it?

·
Registered
934 Posts
this is also how Chris Jericho turned heel before his feud with HBK (the good one where he punches HBKs wife)

match, then violence, then shock at his own violence, guilt/shock slowly fades until he's full heel/evil

edit: and yes, I wouldn't mind seeing this used for Daniel Bryan eventually. Let's be honest the story of jekyll and hyde is so renowned for a good reason, it tells a very powerful and true story about humans. The work is very influential.

I say after a few months have Daniel Bryan lose the title. Keep him in the midcard afterward and then let him create a mean streak and sense of entitlement, etc etc, and turn him heel. His frustration would be at being poorly utilized despite being the best wrestler in the company, and it's a point that can be easily sold.

Also, I think having anyone refer to an alter ego does more harm than good. He is simply changing, letting the darker part of him come out, taking life by the horns, etc.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I like the idea to be honest, although it could bomb hard.

I'd like to see one side of him be a rampant sexual deviant, and the other a charming, woman repelling, nice guy.

The story could be that he takes a shine to a particular diva, but she sees him as just a friend. Eventually her rival evil diva comes out and starts claiming that she's been with Daniel Bryan also. He doesn't remember, and she tries to jog his memory by showing or referencing various lurid items (handcuffs, whip, gimp mask), but he maintains he has no idea, and everyone thinks she's lying to cause trouble.

I think there would be great comedic potential in having scenes where Daniel Bryan is ridiculously smooth, speaking spanish and shit, and then later in the same show he's doing things like accidentally touching divas boobs and getting really embarassed and awkward about it.

Also it would be cool if the two divas were effectively responsible for which daniel bryan manifested itself. Or he could hold two titles and have each persona refuse to acknowledge the other title as his own.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts