Votes: 13 39.4%
  • It wouldn't make any difference

Votes: 5 15.2%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tired of seeing the same people time and time again, what if they split into two brands again so they can push different people?

I have come with an idea of how the rosters would look like:

Raw

John Cena
Roman Reigns
Seth Rollins
Rusev
Luke Harper
Dean Ambrose
R-Truth
Big Show
Kane
The Miz
Damien Mizdow
Curtis Axel
Ryback
Jack Swagger
Mark Henry
Zack Ryder
Erick Rowan
Women Division

Smack Down!

Daniel Bryan
Randy Orton
Sheamus
Bray Wyatt
Wade Barrett
Dolph Ziggler
Stardust
Goldust
Cesaro
Tyson Kidd
Jimmy Uso
Jay Uso
Diego
Fernando
Kofi Kingston
Big E
Xavier Woods
Titus O'Neil
Heath Slater
Darren Young

·
Oh, What a Day! What A Lovely Day!
3,568 Posts
No. It just doesn't work anymore because WWE seriously lacks main eventers, they have like what? 5 legit main eventers (Including a part timer)? It would be a terrible idea in today's product, especially if they have three hours of RAW to fill.

Reactions: A-C-P

·
Baby It's Violence
8,666 Posts
With their appealing booking and handling of Creative, that would just result in 2 bad shows instead of 1.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,744 Posts
No. It just doesn't work anymore because WWE seriously lacks main eventers, they have like what? 5 legit main eventers (Including a part timer)? It would be a terrible idea in today's product, especially if they have three hours of RAW to fill.
The 3 hr Raw is the biggest reason they can't do it anymore. For a true brand split to work the WWE has to at least try and make the brands seem "equal" one show being 3 hours and one being 2 automatically makes Raw seem like a very superior brand.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's the whole point, if you have another show, you can push new main eventers.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
No, and it wouldn't make any difference.

The only way I'd ever support a Brand Split again would be if they had the talent to support it and they actually made it a hard brand split like it was around 2003, where there was hardly any crossover.

And if you know WWE, you should know that they wouldn't stick to the split for very long and that it would inevitably end because they can't keep stars apart when they want to.

For now, there's always WWE and NXT which is basically all you need and is technically a brand split.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
That's the whole point, if you have another show, you can push new main eventers.
There's still only one PPV a month and one WrestleMania a year. No matter what, the top of the very top headline that show and you still have the same problems.

The main eventers you establish in that situation never really reach that "best of the best" status because often times they aren't paired with them unless Creative wants them to be. Either way, you don't need a brand split for Creative to make those decisions.

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
I was always in favour of it in theory. In practice they always ended up forgetting about Smackdown and the WHC became nothing more than the new intercontinental title.

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
No, people were complaining when they were two brands and they were two world champions. People want it now because they realize that not everybody can be on top, and there is one spot with about 5-10 people fighting for it.

·
Oh, What a Day! What A Lovely Day!
3,568 Posts
Thats the other thing. Raw's running time is a huge thing going against the whole brand split, they can barely manage to pull a 3 hour weekly show with 40+ wrestlers and you want them to split the roster? Its just impossible right now with the extra hour Raw has. Also, What the other "major" title would be left to defend for those in SD?

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I don't think they have a strong enough roster to fill two brands. I also think it's better having just one world champion, having two world champions leads to guys like Jack Swagger becoming champion.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,744 Posts
They could push new main eventers now but choose not to for whatever reason, splitting the brands again won't magically make the WWE push new guys.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Only if they knew how to book the talent and treated both shows equally or at least treat Smackdown with better respect than they are now.

Problem is there are lack of stars in the WWE today. Cena is declining, others are part timers, Reigns is not ready and Bryan is not loved by them. The brand extension when it happened had stars at both shows and the draft episodes, for the most part, were unpredictable and treated with importance. I remember whenever a Smackdown wrestler invaded RAW, the commentators made it a big deal. Also there needs to be two world titles again in order for the brand split to happen.

They could make it happen but they probably won't execute it probably. They have no idea how to book wrestlers when it comes to the mid card titles, tag team divisions and even the world title.

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
Why'd they end that anyways? I took a decade off so I missed the whole brand split
Lack of starpower to justify it. 2011 was pretty awful in terms of that though, and I think they're in a much better place in terms of relevant names today. I think it could be pulled off.

Smackdown was also known as the show that quietly kicked ass away from the (sometimes good, sometimes awful) fanfare that RAW had, and I would love for something like that to be available again. Bryan so badly wants to carry Smackdown, and he deserves it too, and it would be somewhere for the other guys like Ziggler, Barrett, even Cesaro to maybe have a shot at being used to their potential instead of being wasted.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
Only if it's RAW & NXT.

Send those failed NXT call-ups back and give NXT two hours.

·
The Final Kid
3,397 Posts
The original brand extension worked because both RAW and SmackDown back then had starpower, if I'm not mistaken SD had Hogan and Rock on its roster.

But nowadays? The roster is filled with talents, no question, but can you at least tell me who's actually an established star? It's clear that WWE doesn't see Bryan as a main eventer despite being one of the most over babyfaces right now, Cena is fading away, Reigns still has work to do and the others are just midcarders at best.

Splitting RAW and SmackDown now won't change anything, and also because I don't give a flying fuck about SD right now, but that's my problem.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts