Wrestling Forum banner

Satisfied with a Orton-Batista-Punk ME at WM 30?

• Yes.

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • No.

Votes: 44 71.0%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Orton-Batista maineventing Wrestlemania 30 = NO NO. We had to have a triple threat match. But what if it was a different triple threat match? Say another fan favourite in CM Punk? If he had stayed, forget the match with HHH, that still goes to Daniel Bryan with the same result, would you be happy if he were the man to topple Orton and Batista at Wrestlemania?

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Re: Would you have been satisfied with a Orton-Batista-Punk main event at Wrestlemania 30 while Bryan still beats HHH?

It would've been Punk Vs Triple H, and then the Triple Threat.

In that case, yes! I think Punk Vs HHH had an awesome match in 2011 and they could've done better. It's a shame it didn't happen at WM30.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
55,092 Posts
Re: Would you have been satisfied with a Orton-Batista-Punk main event at Wrestlemania 30 while Bryan still beats HHH?

Bryan made perfect sense last year. Even Batista thought so. This year it's going to be Reigns, though.

·
Banned
3,278 Posts

No, I wouldn't have been satistifed with Batista vs Orton, Batista vs Orton vs Punk, and CM Punk vs Triple H

It's Daniel Bryan's year, we needed Daniel Bryan vs Triple H and Daniel Bryan vs Orton vs Batista.

Fans were sick of Punk and Batista and didn't want them being the leads. they want Daniel Bryan.

60,006 Posts

Yeah, the storyline dictated that Bryan should get the title after all he endured. The fact that WWE almost didnt do it is an indictment of their booking and general tone deafness as it comes to the crowds. Glad Bryan got his well deserved Mania moments. Vince cant take away those memories.

·
The NEW
13,467 Posts

Nope.

I love Punk, but he was really not performing well from late 2013 till the day he left. He should've main evented WM29 w/ Cena, but definitely not WM30. That was Bryan's night.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts

CM Punk could've gotten his shine somewhere down the road but last year Bryan deserved to be in the main event.

·
Registered
161 Posts

DB was on fire last and I think the fans had moved on from Punk.

If anything if should have been Punk vs Rock vs Cena at WM 29 but the WWE wanted Rock vs Cena again for some odd reason.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts

Is like if you ask to me if i would have prefered Daniel Bryan in money in the bank 2011 instead of Cm Punk, the answer would be fuck no. That was Bryan's moment, Cm Punk should have main evented wrestlemania 29 against the Undertaker/Rock.

I would prefer him against Brock Lesnar right now instead of Bryan though.

No, I wouldn't have been satistifed with Batista vs Orton, Batista vs Orton vs Punk, and CM Punk vs Triple H

It's Daniel Bryan's year, we needed Daniel Bryan vs Triple H and Daniel Bryan vs Orton vs Batista.

Fans were sick of Punk and Batista and didn't want them being the leads. they want Daniel Bryan.
Fans were sick of Punk? The guy that was always getting the best reactions? :lmao

·
Registered
1,239 Posts

Mania 27 should have been Punk vs Cena, Mania 29 should have been Punk vs Cena vs Rock.

The Mania 30 ME was spot on.

·
Banned
3,278 Posts

Fans were sick of Punk? The guy that was always getting the best reactions? :lmao
Yes they were, The Shield was more over than Punk, even as heels, yet Punk beat them all at once. Daniel Bryan was always getting the biggest pops of the night.

Fans didn't want it to be Batista and/or Punk's Mania, Wrestlemania XXX was Daniel Bryan's.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts

Yes they were, The Shield was more over than Punk, even as heels, yet Punk beat them all at once. Daniel Bryan was always getting the biggest pops of the night.

Fans didn't want it to be Batista and/or Punk's Mania, Wrestlemania XXX was Daniel Bryan's.
Please, how the fuck The Shield was more over than Cm Punk? Cm Punk was always getting the biggest babyface reactions, he was red hot in his feud with Brock Lesnar, Cm Punk got consistently the biggest entrance pops and the best reaction during promos.

Even when he was heel, he was outpopping everybody and he even got cheered against legends like The Rock and Undertaker. We re talking the same guy the guy that had people chanting his name during whole shows, for like six-months strike.

Fans were behind Bryan during the pre-mania sesion because it was his moment, but more importantly they despised the idea of Batista vs Orton as the main event, they never were against Punk or anybody else in the main event, that's fucking ridiculous.

·
Registered
283 Posts

I would have been satisfied with that (only if Punk won), but only a fraction compared with what we got. It was Bryan's year, he deserved it 100%.

·
wrap
9,027 Posts

I'd love it if it were Punk vs HHH and Bryan in the Triple Threat for the title. The option you proposed... eh, I guess I'd take it but Bryan winning the title to close WrestleMania was great and I'd probably prefer that.

Fans were sick of Punk.
Got any proof?

·
Banned
3,278 Posts

I'd love it if it were Punk vs HHH and Bryan in the Triple Threat for the title. The option you proposed... eh, I guess I'd take it but Bryan winning the title to close WrestleMania was great and I'd probably prefer that.
Nah, CM Punk vs Triple H at Night of Champions 2011 was a failure, Punk wasn't a main guy in The Authority angle, Bryan is, the fans wanted Daniel Bryan to beat Triple H in a match to prove he isn't a B+ player after everything Triple H put Bryan through.

Got any proof?
Certainly, Punk's lack of Drawing Ability :Fact

Please, how the fuck The Shield was more over than Cm Punk?
:ti, No way was Punk more over than The Shield, even as heels they were more over than Punk.

Cm Punk was always getting the biggest babyface reactions, he was red hot in his feud with Brock Lesnar, Cm Punk got consistently the biggest entrance pops and the best reaction during promos.
No he didn't, Daniel Bryan did in the Summer of 2013,

Even when he was heel, he was outpopping everybody and he even got cheered against legends like The Rock and Undertaker.
Undertaker and Rock(Especially Rock) outpopped Punk.

We re talking the same guy the guy that had people chanting his name during whole shows, for like six-months strike.
Chants that would die in less than 2 minutes, where when Stephanie Mcmahon revealed that he he Quit at Payback, she shut them all up.

No different than chanting Randy Savage when a match is boring.

Fans were behind Bryan during the pre-mania sesion because it was his moment, but more importantly they despised the idea of Batista vs Orton as the main event, they never were against Punk or anybody else in the main event, that's fucking ridiculous.
No, they didn't want Punk going for the World title either, don't get it twisted, they wanted Daniel Bryan, plain and simple.

Rey Mysterio, one of the most over babyfaces of all time got booed because he was #30 in the Royal Rumble and that meant Bryan wasn't going to be in it, Punk would be booed if he won the Rumble. could've been any other WWE superstar on the roster and they would've been booed because they wanted Daniel Bryan.

Daniel Bryan is a bigger draw than Punk and fans wanted him representing the future and facing Triple H and then Orton/Batista at Wrestlemania 30, Not past guys like Batista and CM Punk. if you deny these facts, then all it shows is you're a blind Punk fan, which is good for you, you're a fan of CM Punk :clap :clap :clap

Fans still wanted Daniel Bryan for both storylines at Wrestlemania XXX, not Batista and CM Punk.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Bryan beats HHH? Nope.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Anything other than "Yesamania" would have let me completely unsatisfied

Bryan's the only reason I watch the damn product so if he wasn't getting a title shot I wouldn't have watched last years WM

It would have been nice for Punk to get a WM main event but it had to be Bryan last year

I still wish Punk had been the one to unify the 2 world titles at TLC and then proceeded to feud with Bryan as a heel, concluding at WM30, but it wasn't to be

1 - 20 of 36 Posts