Wrestling Forum banner

Would you consider Daniel Bryan one of the best total Package superstars ever?

1 - 20 of 303 Posts

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,420 Posts
As a total package? I'd say he ahead of CM Punk, but below Jericho.

Punker's got him beat by a mile on the mic (even though Bryan has been steadily improving), but is so FAR below Bryan in wrestling ability that Bryan trumps him as a total package as a result.

Jericho is below Bryan in wrestling but not by as much as Punk is, and Jericho is at Punk's level on the mic, so he trumps Bryan, but it's pretty close because of Bryan's outstanding in-ring skills.

Therefore, I'd rank them like this:

Jericho/Christian > Bryan > Punk

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
absolutly.

·
Asuka
96,571 Posts
No, because he doesn't have the mic skills, or nearly enough charisma, despite having a marginal amount. Punk isn't a total package either since he lacks the wrestling side of the equation.

Jericho is a total package but he's gradually losing it in the ring. Christian is still the best total package in wrestling. Better than everyone in the company in the ring except Bryan, and in the top 2 or 3 on the mic.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,420 Posts
No, because he doesn't have the mic skills, or nearly enough charisma, despite having a marginal amount. Punk isn't a total package either since he lacks the wrestling side of the equation.

Jericho is a total package but he's gradually losing it in the ring. Christian is still the best total package in wrestling. Better than everyone in the company in the ring except Bryan, and in the top 2 or 3 on the mic.
Objective my friend. You've heard the whole one man's trash thing right? Well the same applies here. A week ago Meltzer was talking about how well Bryan articulates his words, the realness he vents into his promos, and his natural charisma that has the audience hanging on his every word. That's ol' Dave's opinion on Bryan's mic skills, and while his opinion may not be any different then any of ours, it's just an example of what I was saying before. One man's trash is another's treasure.

I don't think Bryan is at Punk's level on the mic, or Jericho's but IMO he's certainly not rolling out promos every week that are low on charisma and excitement. But again this is just my opinion.

·
Registered
180 Posts

As talented as christian is, he is NOT the best total package. Not even close.

He doesnt have main event credibility to begin with, he is above average on the mic not the best. Great in ring worker, sucks as a heel.

Right now, Daniel Bryan is way better than christian ever was.

I agree with you on CM Punk, he is extremely sloppy in the ring and his matches are always boring. On the mic, Bryan is just as good if not better.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts

He doesnt have main event credibility to begin with, he is above average on the mic not the best. Great in ring worker, sucks as a heel.

You think Christian is just "above average" on the mic? fpalm.

·
Asuka
96,571 Posts

Above average? LOL. As for him sucking as a heel, he plays his role very well. He just doesn't get booed because he's too respected for that at this stage of his career, everyone loves him.

Daniel Bryan is also the absolute definition of not having main event credibility.

I agree with you on CM Punk, he is extremely sloppy in the ring and his matches are always boring. On the mic, Bryan is just as good if not better.
Ok, I'm done arguing with you. LOL. It's not worth my time.

Objective my friend. You've heard the whole one man's trash thing right? Well the same applies here. A week ago Meltzer was talking about how well Bryan articulates his words, the realness he vents into his promos, and his natural charisma that has the audience hanging on his every word. That's ol' Dave's opinion on Bryan's mic skills, and while his opinion may not be any different then any of ours, it's just an example of what I was saying before. One man's trash is another's treasure.
Well, it's kinda sad that you Bryan marks are picking out your treasure out of my trash, but whatever...

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,420 Posts
None of the three you mentioned are the total package or close.
Would you consider Cena the total package? Because he is, and Punk is better than him in the ring AND on the mic so what does that make Punk then?

Jericho is without a doubt a total package. I'm not sure if you missed his name or what but he definitely is.

With regards to Bryan, I think his recent mic work has proven that he's a good promo worker, and combined with his ring skills, that makes him a total package in my books.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts

LOL

Christian is one of the Best wrestlers in the last decade.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,420 Posts
Well, it's kinda sad that you Bryan marks are picking out your treasure out of my trash, but whatever...
Well I guess Dave Meltzer, Bryan Alvarez, Wade Keller, James Caldwell, Jason Powell, and Chris Shore ALL like your trash as well eh??

Because every single one of them has been impressed with Bryan's promo skills and charisma, and they run observer, pwtorch and prowrestlingDOTcom.

Are you telling me that even they don't know talent the way "THE GREAT" Pyro does?

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Punk and Jericho are way better on the mic than Bryan, and are far more charismatic. I don't consider Bryan as a total package - he doesn't have enough charisma, and isn't as good on the mic as most people say he is. He's a great wrestler, but that's it.

1 - 20 of 303 Posts