Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
It'd be a big match but we've seen it already several times when they were both much younger. I don't think there's that much reason for it story wise either. Undertaker already attempted to avenge his loss to Lesnar and he couldn't do it. If you want to continue an existing storyline there are a few people you could do it with

Bray Wyatt - Wyatt's running through his previous opponents. He never got the better of Undertaker, indeed Undertaker beat him twice.

Drew McIntyre - They had that beer just before SummerSlam

John Cena - Undertaker surprised him two years ago after he'd been drinking and destroyed him. Cena could want another shot at it.

Roman Reigns - Undertaker has never attempted to avenge this defeat. They did make their peace to form a tag team but Undertaker going after revenge at WrestleMania isn't far fetched.

Shawn Michaels - Michaels broke the retirement stipulation and DX beat BoD in Saudi Arabia

·
Registered
133 Posts
Why? I think they should try and do Drew and Brock, hey let's face it they need to build new stars maybe even Owens and Lesnar.

I think they will probably do Cena and Lesnar at Mania , with Cena breaking Flair's record.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hell no. He's not had a good match in YEARS. He straight up just looks terrible in more recent years. He fucked himself from not getting a proper farewell match when he kept coming back. He should have had his retirement match the year after losing to Lesnar.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,814 Posts
There is no substantial reason to have a rematch at Wrestlemania again so you can still induct him into the HOF without avenging his streak, He can beat anybody at WM and nobody would care as much anymore it's done.

·
Registered
14 Posts
They should do The Fiend vs Undertaker to push Bray even further, Brock should be put in with someone new like Lashley.

·
Registered
118 Posts
He doesn't deserve a grand send off anymore, and his body is way too fragile to handle Lesnars rough style.
People said the same thing in 2015, and in that year Taker had two great matches with Lesnar , and he looked strong AF in both matches.

Taker vs Lesnar would be great with the story they have, besides there isn't anyone in the roster who is credible enough to face Brock, only Taker.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lashley new? The guy is 43 and has been wrestling for over 15 years.
Fair comment on the age but I meant someone new for Lesnar, a well matched opponent he has not faced before, and his credentials outside of the WWE are similar (not on the same level, but similar paths) so they could make a good program there as long as they take Lashley away from the joke heel gimmicks hes been having.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
No.

Taker had several chances to go out with a bang and he let all of them pass by.

Continuing to chase the "perfect retirement" is just causing more harm. It's time to call it and just retire.

Also the match would suck.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Yes. Only if it's Taker's last match though. It would be the perfect way to go out. Preferably not for the title too. Let the full time superstars fight for the championship.

·
Registered
253 Posts
No. Taker's last match with Brock in Hell in a Cell was a fine way to finish the rivalry between these two - it definitely exceeded expectations. If Taker is to wrestle, which he shouldn't be doing, it should be against somebody younger, more agile, and proven in the ring to get at least a passable match out of him. I'm thinking AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Honestly as a Taker fan this is the only way I want to see him back.

Taker comes out at no30 on the Rumble and eliminates Lesnar.

The following Raw Taker announces that WM will be his last match, Its later announced that Taker will be inducted into the HOF.

Taker gets inducted into the HOF and bests Brock at WM, avenging his loss at WM30 when he lost the streak and retires as WWE champion.
Fuck no....let the damn guy just retire before he kills hinself out there. He has nothing left to prove.

Some people just dont know what to do with themselves after they retire. Especially in the wrestling business when guys get used to being on the road for so long in front of large crowds. They literally love for that adrenaline rush.

Besides, is anybody gonna buy Taker beating Brock at this point in his career?

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
No...no...please no. We have already seen it and there is no way any match between the two outdoes the match that beat the streak. What does either guy have to gain?

They already wasted the streak on an established guy. They need to use one of the very few opportunities they have left to make a young guy by retiring the legend. I doubt they would be able to really let someone have the push a guy who does this would deserve but that is what I would want to see.
I've seen this sentiment a lot that a "young guy" should retire Taker. But honestly, in the history of wrestling has a young guy ever retired an established star of Undertakers caliber?

It seems like going with what will draw is always more important than what will "make a young guy".

I'm not saying you're wrong, but it don't think it's ever been done before.

·
Registered
6,604 Posts
I actually enjoyed their last match so i'll leave that alone. Taker in tag team matches where he can be hidden works, solo na.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
I've seen this sentiment a lot that a "young guy" should retire Taker. But honestly, in the history of wrestling has a young guy ever retired an established star of Undertakers caliber?

It seems like going with what will draw is always more important than what will "make a young guy".

I'm not saying you're wrong, but it don't think it's ever been done before.
Yeah, I mean maybe because retirements in wrestling have traditionally never stuck. I agree with you there are not obvious examples but maybe this is an opportunity to make a rare moment in history where someone actually does it.

21 - 40 of 83 Posts