Wrestling Forum banner

Would you be surprised if Cena/Miz is a 4 or 5 star match?

2381 Views 43 Replies 38 Participants Last post by  dave 1981
Majority of people don't think anything of this match but I'm really looking forward to it. I have a feeling this could be a match that either steals the show or at the very least is much better than what most people think it will be.

So would you be surprised if this match turns out to be a great match?
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Mamba Mentality
25,255 Posts
I would be totally surprised if this match is better than 3.5 stars let alone 4+ stars.

But this is WrestleMania and they have the opportunity to shock us. Remember Undertaker and Batista shocked us with the match of the year in a classic WrestleMania showdown in 2007.

Cena and especially Miz better step their game up or they will go down in history in the same light as Triple H/Orton.

· Registered
1,399 Posts
Cena has his best performances at 'Mania, plus the fact that The Rock will probably be guest Ref means the match will probably be 3.5-4, no way will it be 5 starts though, I think only 4 matches have ever got that. :)

· Registered
4,609 Posts
Maybe surprised, in the sense that no one necessarily expects it to be a 5 star match.

That being said, Cena *can* wrestle, and has had awesome matches in the past. This is WM Main Event, first time for Miz...Rock might be involved...huge moment. Both men will be super pumped, and will probably be given enough time to put on a classic. So it's definately possible, as i thikn they have it in them to put on a classic match.

we'll see. Should def be a fun match

· Registered
4,666 Posts
I would be surprised. Not because they are terrible, but because I've only seen a couple of truly great Cena matches and not really any Miz matches. I expect an average match. Nothing terrible and nothing great.

But I do warn everyone on the forums. No matter what happens (unless they botch every other move), the Miz fans here will praise the match to high heavens to put over Miz for the highly debated "Miz sucks as champion/Miz is an AWESOME champion" fight.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
I'm not expecting them to stink up WrestleMania like Triple H and Orton did, that's about it. It should be a fine, decent match. I'm not expecting anything out of the ordinary. Cena is a carrying machine, though. He may surprise us.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
***1/2 or ***3/4 sounds about right, honestly.

Miz's issue isn't pacing or psychology. He "gets it." Look at his match with Lawler at Elimination Chamber. Not a spotfest, obviously. Not the greatest display of athleticism you'll find. But if you watch carefully, you'll notice that Miz is calling all of the spots. And the match made that crowd and many watching at home invested in the outcome. Because it was a psychologically sound match.

Couple that to Cena's desire to put on as grand a show as he can with any opponent, especially at Wrestlemania, I'd wager, and we're looking at a match that should be pretty entertaining from bell to bell. As with any match, it depends on how much time it's given, how it's booked, etceteras, but there is a foundation for something that exceeds most expectations at this time.

· Registered
5,733 Posts
Miz's issue IS his physicality though. He can't do all that much, though he does use his weapons well.

· Banned
1,139 Posts
I'll be shocked if it gets 2.5 stars.

· FOTC
12,779 Posts
There are TWO huge reasons why this match will be a major letdown:

1) The match will be too short. I think the match will be anywhere from 10-14 minutes -- too short for a main event title match.

2) Cena will win either with one Attitude Adjustment or Miz will tap out within 5-7 seconds of the STFU.

· Registered
1,928 Posts
If it's 10-15 minutes long, and it ends in Cena beating Miz with the AA or STF, then no matter how good a match it is, it's still going to be a disappointment.

The key is not only for Cena to carry Miz to a great match, but 1) it needs to feel like a main event 2) Miz already went over Orton three times, he should go over Cena, too.

Otherwise, this has all been for nothing. I try not to sing the "pass the torch" song too often, but Miz beating Cena at WM would be HUGE.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.