Wrestling Forum banner

Would you be okay with Mark Henry having a 12 month reign?

• Yes

Votes: 43 56.6%
  • No

Votes: 33 43.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I would be okay with Mark Henry having a 12 month reign if it was entertaining enough.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I don't mind him having a long reign, but a 12 month reign for Mark Henry I wouldn't want. The longest I can see him holding the belt is up to Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
On the basis he is booked wisely and keeps performing at the very least as well as he has been in all aspects, I would welcome it...aside from DBD getting a character and tapping him out at WM.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,787 Posts
No, but 6-1/2 months to Wrestlemania? With him putting over a new babyface star for the ages? Yes, based on where we are today, October 3, 2011, I have to say, I certainly would.

In fact, I'd contend that him dropping it before Wrestlemania at this stage, after defeating Randy Orton twice in a row in perfectly clean fashion, would be a nearly cataclysmic waste. They need to milk this sucker for all it's worth at this point, they've invested too much in it to not do so.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Don't know about a 12 month reign but if he keeps looking strong and dominant I'm all for a long reign (maximum: til WM). And hey I'm quite enjoying seeing Orton get beat cleanly, it's so refreshing.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think Mark Henry should hold the title till WM. He could be booked as a monster heel and at the same time Danial Brian could be build and face Mark Henry at WM. The underdog who will face the monster heel and the don't risk anything because the money making match is The Rock vs John Cena.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't mind him having a long reign, but a 12 month reign for Mark Henry I wouldn't want. The longest I can see him holding the belt is up to Wrestlemania.
I agree with this.

I like his character, and I like the way he's booked - but I just don't find his matches all that entertaining. I don't think I'd want 12 months of title defenses from him, but I don't mind if he holds onto the belt a bit longer, at least.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
Twelve months may be a bit to precise a number, but yeah, I would love to see a lengthy monster-heel run from Henry. It may indeed be a necessity for WWE to do this or something similar in order to find the next mega-star.

A long run would ensure that the fans have ample opportunity to voice who they want to see break through that glass ceiling and finally take the monster down. Similar to how Hogan was made taking down a 'very' hated Iron Shiek. If they can build that level of heat, it could be magic...

or it could be a total disaster, we'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
No. God no. The man is boring as shit in the ring. Last night was probably one of, if not the worst Hell in a Cell match of all time between him and Orton. 12 months of boring World Title matches on PPV? No thanks. He'll lose it to Orton at Vengeance imo, and as much as I dislike Orton, I'd rather have him Champion instead.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'd love to see him dominate for a year, if they could pull it off.

More realistically I'd hope he'd do the massive job for someone at Wrestlemania, dunno if Daniel Bryan is the one to do it though.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts