• Nope. I'd rather see Reigns go heel

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • I hope I never have to watch either of them again

Votes: 19 41.3%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It lead to Cena finally changing his character? I'm just piggybacking off a post I made earlier in the tater tots (shudder) thread and thought it'd be interesting to see the general opinion of everyone. Here's my original post...

"I'm hoping this goofy ass version of Reigns gets over for one sole reason. It presents the opportunity for Cena to turn "heel" (which I'm convinced he'd get the greatest face reaction of all time if he were to do so). I'd also love to see heel Cena versus goofy face Reigns for the title at 32. THAT would be entertaining. It would basically consist of Cena shitting all over the character he's played for more than a decade in the form of Roman Reigns."

I know Reigns character is horrible at the moment with what creative is having him say (and it doesn't help that he has the charisma of my left shoe), but would it be worth it to endure for the sake of Cena FINALLY turning fac.... Er... I mean heel?

· TAFKA KroKro
2,699 Posts
Then I'd rather Cena stay on top, lol.

I get what you're saying, the issue is... Reigns CAN'T pull it off, Cena is almost a heel already, a smug babyface that just plays the HONOR ABOVE ALL really well. Reigns... he wrestles in all black, has a bulletproof vest looking thing on, he just looks "evil" even with the facial hair. Cena is clean cut, wears bright clothing. You know? Reigns doesn't even LOOK like a babyface.

I'd rather Cena be a good babyface (for the kids meng) and Reigns be a good heel, because Reigns can't play a good babyface.

· Banned
33,066 Posts
Not really, because we're not really fixing the Cena problem, we're just passing it on to someone else basically. If that did happen, heel Cena would likely be Reigns' first meal anyway before he goes on a soul-crushing dissection of every heel on the roster similar to what Cena did in '06. Don't think that'd be too interesting tbh.

· Banned
11,653 Posts
I will never get behind ANY version of Reigns just on principle. He's Vince's chosen one, not the fans. Vince doesn't care what fans want. He is going to TELL you what to like and you're gonna fucking bend over and take it

That's what Reigns represents. You look at him and you see Vince's douchey face

And Cena going heel is like 5 years over due...it's not even really worth discussing any more

· Banned
1,785 Posts

· Baby It's Violence
12,481 Posts
Absolutely not.

Goofy Reigns is a shit character. I don't want, nor do they need to build another goofy Cena-esque babyface. It only worked for JOHN CENA, and last I check, Roman Reigns is NOT John Cena.

Let Roman Reigns be Roman Reigns please, is it that hard to ask?

· Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
why would they ruin one guy to create a version of him that could only match 10% of his role ? makes literally zero business sense. if this scenario had to happen reigns would have to go heel, but personally, i wouldnt mind them both "taking a hike"
In terms of booking, what has WWE done lately that makes sense financially? Whether anyone likes it or not, it's fairly evident at this point that Vince desperately wants Reigns to become the new cash cow/face of the company. Why not get something interesting out of it while these attempts continue to fail? I'd love to see Cena lay into Reigns for being a knock off version of him and turn "heel" by essentially being upset that Reigns is threatening his position in the company as the number one guy.

· Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Absolutely not.

Goofy Reigns is a shit character. I don't want, nor do they need to build another goofy Cena-esque babyface. It only worked for JOHN CENA, and last I check, Roman Reigns is NOT John Cena.

Let Roman Reigns be Roman Reigns please, is it that hard to ask?
That's the thing. They aren't going to let Roman be Roman. They're going to make him a corporate robot. Hell, no one is allowed to be themselves anymore and they certainly aren't given the chance to get over organically because they're all so overscripted and micromanaged.

· Banned
5,811 Posts
It doesn't really matter what they do with Reigns at this point. WWE really fucked that guy chances at being accepted by the fans the moment they strapped a rocket on his back and pushed him to the moon. That and he's also been exposed in the ring and on the mic.

If the fans aren't accepting him now what makes you think they're going to accept him then?

It's gonna take a miracle and huge ass pull for them to get Roman accepted by the fans that are not only in the audience but also the ones watching at home and the ones that quit watching because of Vince wanting to make him Cena 2.0 and the way this company has gotten so shitty over the years.

· Premium Member
1,843 Posts
It doesn't really matter what they do with Reigns at this point. WWE really fucked that guy chances at being accepted by the fans the moment they strapped a rocket on his back and pushed him to the moon. That and he's also been exposed in the ring and on the mic.

If the fans aren't accepting him now what makes you think they're going to accept him then?

It's gonna take a miracle and huge ass pull for them to get Roman accepted by the fans that are not only in the audience but also the ones watching at home and the ones that quit watching because of Vince wanting to make him Cena 2.0 and the way this company has gotten so shitty over the years.
They still have a lot of time to repackage him just like they did with other stars. If Vince wants to continue being a mindless idiot forever, then who could blame reigns? It'll stay like this forever.

· Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

It doesn't seem to matter if he gets over with everyone. It matters that the kiddies want t-shirts and other crap products the WWE will sell with his likeness attached. Nothing else matters to Vince at this point.

· Welcome To The Jungle
2,066 Posts
Heel Cena would be great but goofy Reigns, no, fuck that, Reigns needs to be the quiet badass because he can't talk, that's why he was so over in The Shield, he hardly ever spoke, got the hot tag, kicked some ass and won the match, bring that Reigns back and he'll be fine

· Banned
1,785 Posts
Compared to who?
Everyone on the roster right now. Smackdown was amazing. You really have no room to talk since majority of your posting is hating on Reigns.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.