Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm talking specifically for the main event at WrestleMania 27. They have had quite a few stare downs and a different, more epic confrontation type of tension in the air between each other especially since Orton turned face.

I always thought these two would close a WrestleMania together and if we don't get Undertaker/Cena I honestly wouldn't mind if Orton/Cena headlined the biggest show of the year in Atlanta.

·
Banned
1,630 Posts
I really wouldnt mind if this was the main event of Wrestlemania 27. I really think that both men could give us another classic match like the one they had at Summerslam 2007, or even better then that.

My favorite match is still their classic I quit match from Bragging Rights 09.

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts
No, I wouldn't. First off, Orton has no business in a WrestleMania main event. Secondly, even if he miraculously became good enough to be in a WrestleMania main event, it shouldn't be facing Cena. Those 2 have fought 104285482024743839247382920201 times. Please, NEVER AGAIN. Thirdly, he should be facing Barrett at WrestleMania to disband the Nexus, because that's the only PPV where such a juggernaut of an angle is capable of properly ending.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
for god sakes no they need to stop that shit - make Cena turn on undertaker at wrestlemania while fighting barret and shock the entire world..fuck the orton battle again

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
someday, Orton vs. Cena should happen at Wrestlemania.

and by someday, i mean when Cena is heel. that will be a fucking awesome time for a face Orton (if he's still this over) to meet a heel Cena, but until then, no, because although Orton is a face now, the dynamic still hasn't really changed.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Hell no. It'd just be a marquee match for marquee match sake's. The fitting main event for Mania is most definitely Cena challenging Barrett for the WWE Title.

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts
Bit premature for the match to happen at 27. Couple years from now, when all the heat they have gained blows up would be the perfect situation. A regular one vs one would be disasterous also. The match needs a special feeling, otherwise we have seen it all before.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
If Cena is a heel, absolutely. If he's face and Orton is still tweener, absolutely not. The only way to keep feuds that repeat interesting is by changing the dynamics of the characters and giving them new material. I don't want it to happen at this year's Mania though because that would mean they're going to continue interacting until then and that well is getting dry quickly.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,078 Posts
Ideally, it should be saved until the next Madison Square Garden Wrestlemania, #30 in 2014.

Two months back I was resigned to WWE running it at Wrestlemania XXVII but they've been engaged in conflict too much since then (whereas their September encounters were more clearly "teases"), so now I'm thinking we'll be getting a "Double Main Event~!" from the Raw brand with Cena/Barrett to resolve the entire Nexus saga once and for all and Orton/Miz for the WWE Championship. It's really two fully separate storylines that just so happen to be presently enmeshed in the build-up to Survivor Series, but hopefully we get a clean breaking of these two parallel angles in the near future, perhaps even at Survivor Series itself.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I wouldn't mind if this means a Cena heel turn.

·
My man
6,506 Posts
No, it should never happened. Main events last year were so rubbish purely because it was Orton vs Cena every time. They shouldn't do it for another 10 years imo.

·
Registered
206 Posts
but this is a different orton from last yir... 2009 had matches between pussy unpopular orton vs boring cena... now we have the face orton that could rko everyone vs cena who was more popular since his battles with sheamus, batista and especially the nexus. it would be awesome... and ten years after Wrestlemania X7, we would get a face vs face main event where one of the faces turns heel... maybe CENA! who will sell his soul to Nexus like austin did to Vince... OMG

·
@CMSean23
2,059 Posts
I don't understand how somebody can honestly stand up and say that Randy Orton or even John Cena for that matter, don't deserve to main-event WrestleMania. Sure, they've both done it before, but If you question the right for either man to do it again? Then you either got a screw loose in your head, or your an idiot plain and simple that has absolutely no idea what your talking about.

John Cena and Randy Orton are the top two right now, and whether it happens sooner or later, these two SHOULD and eventually WILL Main-Event WrestleMania. Who know's, they may even do it multiple times. Austin/Rock ring a bell? That's what these two could create. They could headline more then one Mania, and it'd be epic each and every time. Why? Because right now they are the WWE, they lead by example, and in short; They Deserve It. They've Earned that right, whether you like it or not. And that's how it is. Live with it.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
It's clearly a done deal. You guys really think all this interaction in November, a mere few months away from WM is for nothing? The longer term angle is no longer Nexus, it's Cena/Orton. They're now just sowing the seeds for the confrontation and creating the long term justification for the match. Remember how early they sowed the seeds for HBK/Taker II with HBK's Slammy promo? I think they're doing the same thing here.

Unless something drastic happens, I don't see how it's possible that they can draw out Cena/Barrett till Mania. The Nexus angle (as great as it has been) really doesn't have much legs left in it and I think I'd find it excruciating them trying to delay the match for that long. Cena is free or fired at SS. After that Cena gets his revenge, so it's not realistic that it should wait till WM.

As for Cena/Orton as the WM mainevent, I'd honestly have no problem with it, as the crowd will be hot for it and I've always loved their matches.

·
Registered
206 Posts
yes. it's a done deal. all these confrontations is to heat the feud up, and it's a slow boil until wrestlemania, wehere people cant wait to see the two of them destroy each other... either the new number one guy will be crowned (orton) or it turns out orton wasnt worthy and wwe is sticking back to cena. it will be amazing.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts