Votes: 37 80.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 19.6%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know everyone is an Ambrose fan and he's good. There is something about Reigns though that makes me wanna see him get pushed to the top. He's exciting, good on the mic, and just has a certain look about him. He's got so much intensity and I'd like to see how a Goldberg style push would work on him.

Also I know Goldberg pushes don't work but they always try them on the slow moving jacked guys. Goldberg was all about his explosive athleticism, Reigns has it.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,872 Posts
I'd be excited by it...in a year or so. Right now he is too green and they'd be setting him up to fail. Minimum six months before a huge push, but they could start it now.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd be excited by it...in a year or so. Right now he is too green and they'd be setting him up to fail. Minimum six months before a huge push, but they could start it now.
I think waiting a bit longer would only work better. It did wonders for Lashley who had a similar style but Reigns is better everywhere and much better on the mic.

·
#ELITEASFUCK
3,235 Posts
I'm for it. I think out of all of the Shield guys, he has the most raw charisma. Like the guy above me said though, he's still too green. Let him pay his dues a while longer, learn the ropes some more. Being in the Shield with arguably one of the greatest talkers in the company (Ambrose) and one of the best in-ring talents (Rollins) can only be good for him.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah he's still green but I'd like it sooner than later though before the Shield goes completely stale. All three members hopefully get big pushes one day. Ambrose great on the mic, Rollins great in the ring, and Reigns an amazing athlete. All sell really well.

·
Stay Fearless
7,384 Posts
Hell yeah, Reigns is my 2nd favorite current wrestler

·
Registered
32 Posts
Define 'big push'. I'd like to him him pushed as US champion only with it meaning more. Maybe throw him in there with Kofi and Miz for a couple months going after the US. Need the under titles to mean something again.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Define 'big push'. I'd like to him him pushed as US champion only with it meaning more. Maybe throw him in there with Kofi and Miz for a couple months going after the US. Need the under titles to mean something again.
Lol nope I'm talking an unstoppable run for a good 6-12 months straight to super Cena. I really think he can pull it off.

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
I know everyone is an Ambrose fan and he's good. There is something about Reigns though that makes me wanna see him get pushed to the top. He's exciting, good on the mic, and just has a certain look about him. He's got so much intensity and I'd like to see how a Goldberg style push would work on him.

Also I know Goldberg pushes don't work but they always try them on the slow moving jacked guys. Goldberg was all about his explosive athleticism, Reigns has it.
Ambrose is terrible in the ring, just earlier he botched and went over the rope before Big E even touched him. Last night he was calling his moves loud and had a boring match.

Anyway, yes I think Reigns should get a push to see how he does alone.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow I can't believe so many people want a Reigns push. It's unusual for everyone to see such great potential in somebody. I expected 50/50 so this is a real pleasant surprise.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
You shoulda had a topic for "Not yet". Reigns is a beast and will be a great champion one day, but right now, if they started a storyline where he broke out of The Shield, challenged for the WWE Title and won, it would not be a good thing. Not while Bryan, Punk, Cena, and Orton are running wild, and Triple H. Reigns needs a midcard push through the ranks, which is what he's getting with The Shield.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
No. These huge pushes always produce weak results. I'd rather he developed and grew for a few years up and down the card, and rose gradually to the main event.
He sure as hell isn't ready for a huge push, despite his great improvements.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Lol nope I'm talking an unstoppable run for a good 6-12 months straight to super Cena. I really think he can pull it off.
I'm a huge Reigns fan but this right here would kill him. Half a year to a year being booked as unstoppable? Nope. Unless you want the fans to become bored of him quickly and there isn't that much talent on the roster to support this. Let him hone his skills in the ring first with one on one matches before pushing him to main event status.

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,397 Posts
Ambrose was being cocky and Reigns was giving him looks. The Shield are breaking up soon. Maybe at Rumble when they all have to fight each other.

Reactions: RyanPelley

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
LOL NO. I love Reigns, but he looks as imposing as he does by being protected and having his shortcomings covered by two 10 year veterans. He's good. In the future he could go all the way. But he's only been wrestling 3 years.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts