• Nuclear Atomic Unsure

Votes: 3 6.0%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
There are three guarantees in life... DEATH, TAXES
188 Posts
No way.
No real built up at all.
Honestly i would like to see a triple threat between Rusev, Cena and Axel.

·
WeeWoo WeeWoo
20,073 Posts
Yeah.

It should be Swagger, but Axel doing it would be refreshing and funny, but also pretty cool. Dude is shit on by everyone, but he's made massive leaps and strides on the mic and in the charisma department. It would be a well deserved victory, even if Swagger deserves it just a lil bit more.

·
Illegitimate child of Robert 'Glorious' Roode
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah.

It should be Swagger, but Axel doing it would be refreshing and funny, but also pretty cool. Dude is shit on by everyone, but he's made massive leaps and strides on the mic and in the charisma department. It would be a well deserved victory, even if Swagger deserves it just a lil bit more.
It could be Swagger if his mic work improved but hes just awful most of the time. Agreed that Axels mic work is awesome and the Hogan gimmick is funny i think

·
Redesign. Rebuild. Reclaim.
1,254 Posts
No way, Axel is only going to be over until WrestleMania. Rusev is one of the best heels right now, there is no way they are gonna let him job to Axel with his current flash in the pan Axelmania gimmick.

·
WeeWoo WeeWoo
20,073 Posts
It could be Swagger if his mic work improved but hes just awful most of the time. Agreed that Axels mic work is awesome and the Hogan gimmick is funny i think
Swagger, too, has taken strides on the mic. I will not make this thread about him, but he has grown substantially since Zeb has left.

But besides that, Axel is awesome. His dropkick is beautiful, he engages the crowd during matches, his taunts are awesome, he's incredibly expressive, and all around oozes personality despite barely having anything. And he's very good in the ring, exceptional, even. Only thing that needs a bit of work is his selling, but eh...he makes up for it in other things.

Reactions: DeeGuy
60,006 Posts
I am late to the AxelMania bandwagon, but I'm all in. It should be a move for move replay of when Hogan beat Iron Sheik. Axel powers out of the accolade and sets him up for the perfect leg drop and the 3 count. The Genesis of AxelMania is complete. (Y)

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
This would be an absolute waste of everything they have done with Rusev and his build.

Axel does not "ooze" personality, he is still severely lacking in charisma and mic work. A ridiculously smarky crowd cheering him over Cena does not make him over.

This would be one of the worst booking decisions in years.

Save the Rusev loss for Sami Zayne, the night after WM.

That makes so much mores sense than anyone else beating Rusev.

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
After a year long carefully executed build does anyone honestly think Curtis f*#cking Axel of all people deserves the rub? If so I'm glad you're not a booker.
It's INSANE that a 3rd of the votes are for yes here....

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
The reasons why they shouldn't do it are the reasons they fucking should.

Rusev and everyone else sees Axel as a joke. Okay, then let him beat Rusev. I'd rather see a credible (from the Rusev rub), yet jokey, Axel as US champion than to see Cena with it.

It's the fucking US title, folks. This isn't the world title we're speaking about. I get it's Rusev's first "real" loss, but I'd like to be swerved a bit on the road to Mania for once.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
No, I want Rusev to be WWE Champion one day.

Reactions: Triple-B

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
The reasons why they shouldn't do it are the reasons they fucking should.

Rusev and everyone else sees Axel as a joke. Okay, then let him beat Rusev. I'd rather see a credible (from the Rusev rub), yet jokey, Axel as US champion than to see Cena with it.

It's the fucking US title, folks. This isn't the world title we're speaking about. I get it's Rusev's first "real" loss, but I'd like to be swerved a bit on the road to Mania for once.
Swerves and being good aren't mutually exclusive.

So why book a horrendous swerve which ruins a years work just for the sake of swerving :russo

Reactions: Triple-B
1 - 20 of 43 Posts