Wrestling Forum banner

Merge WWE with TNA and RoH?

• Hell yeah, we'd see the best superstars on one roster!

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Hell no, it would be a fuck up

Votes: 16 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WWF and various promotions united in the late 80s. WWF united with EcW and WcW in 2001. Now, 12 years later, WWE is by far the biggest promotion (US wise at least), with TNA a distant 2nd and Ring of Honor a way distant 3rd. Would you be cool with WWE (Vince) buying TNA for several million dollars and Ring of Honor for a couple mill, getting their video footage rights, show copyrights, superstar contracts? We'd have guys like Kurt Angle, Austin Aries, Davey Richardson, The Briscoes, CM Punk, John Cena, etc under one umbrella. If WWE would then cut like 15% of the super roster (it'd be like 150+), then have a brand split between Smackdown and Raw, so each show would have like 50-60 superstars.

I would be so down. I don't know why Vince doesn't do this actually. We would see matches like Kurt Angle Vs CM Punk, Jeff Hardy Vs John Cena, we'd see the Briscoes beat the fuck out of John Cena. It would be cool as fuck.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
of course

John Cena vs Robbie E vs Davey Richards = best wrestlemania main event of all time

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure, it would be fun watching how Vince buries all the TNA and ROH guys.

:vince5
I bet there's at least a few guys in RoH and/or TNA that Vince would push.

Like Austin Aries, Davey Richardson.

·
Banned
8,180 Posts
I don't care what happens to TNA or ROH but I just don't think it would work. I'd like to see something like a New NWA or some sort of Confederacy of companies. Where the shows are mostly independent of each other but talent moves around and mingles and can compete for anyone's titles.

·
Registered
423 Posts
No,competition makes the world go around.Remember the Monday night wars ?
I think that's one thing wrong with the WWE.They don't have any serious competition to motivate them.
I like the idea of seeing it but ultimately I think it would go bad.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
I bet there's at least a few guys in RoH and/or TNA that Vince would push.

Like Austin Aries, Davey Richardson.
Aries would be the only one that would have a shot at a decent push, IMO. I think it would be a bad thing because you would en up with too many wrestlers on the roster and many of them would just not get used. I think a show like ROH will always need to exist for wrestling purist and it would suck for those fans to have that taken away.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I remember the times when people were salivating at a WCW bought WWF when it was announced in the news in 2001 and what it could have meant. You know that WCW roster which had way bigger stars and more promising up and comers than ROH and TNA combined.

All the big dream matches we got and blockbuster ratings we all thought was going to lead to another boom.

·
Registered
14,593 Posts
Option 2. The WWE's diluted enough as it is, the last thing they need is more talent.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
After witnessing the royal screw-up that was the Invasion?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts