Wrestling Forum banner

Would you want to see an MMA match at Wrestlemania?

• Hell yeah, it would be cool!

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Hell no, that shit doesn't belong in wrestling

Votes: 31 77.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone remembers Brawl For All from 1999, it was a match between 2 guys, you had gloves, you could wrestle, box, kick, submissions, MMA pretty much I guess. Now, in 2013, numerous guys in the roster have a style influenced by MMA. Would you be cool if a match was built up as a legit MMA shoot for Wrestlemania between 2 guys who can actually fight? Not scripted at all. Maybe Brock Lesnar Vs Cain Velasquez at Wrestlemania (if Cain's contract with UFC ever ended or if Dana White wanted to do cross promotion), or maybe something like Daniel Bryan Vs a big name MMA fighter in his size.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Re: Would you be cool with a legit shootfight at Wrestlemania?

No. I personally would prefer Wrestling and MMA/Shoot Fighting to be kept separate from each other.

·
Registered
835 Posts

No its not needed. Although a tag team match in the ufc would be car crash tv

·
Registered
409 Posts

But, the WWE fans (particularly the kids) would already have the mindset that wrestling is in fact real and I think, seeing as it's the same event as multiple fake matches everyone would find the styles of fighting way too different from each other, unless it was built up and advertised to be a "real" fight, which would be foolish, as it would take away from the idea that they try to make wrestling seem real. Especially with Brock Lesnar in it, one time you see Lesnar running after Irish whips the next you see him - you know what I mean.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts

Nah, not a fan of it and its not something that would interest me in watching a match more.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

But, the WWE fans (particularly the kids) would already have the mindset that wrestling is in fact real and I think, seeing as it's the same event as multiple fake matches everyone would find the styles of fighting way too different from each other, unless it was built up and advertised to be a "real" fight, which would be foolish, as it would take away from the idea that they try to make wrestling seem real. Especially with Brock Lesnar in it, one time you see Lesnar running after Irish whips the next you see him - you know what I mean.
I do know what you mean but they can advertise this one as an actual MMA fight/match taking place at Wrestlemania, not just another wrestling match. They can put rounds, make the wrestler s use gloves, etc, promote it as an MMA fight.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Wouldn't be fun to watch like wrestling, might not make sense kayfabe considering in real life Yoshi Tatsu made Sheamus cry after fella picked a fight with him, and the Brawl for All is remembered due to a bunch of people injuring themselves cause they weren't used to real fighting and of course due to it being wrestling, all these years later 50% of people think it was fake ruining the point of it all on top of Blackmans career. But it'll last a minute like most real fights so go on then.

In can be between the Divas match and the Legends segment.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Nope. Don't want the two products crossing over at all. Keep them separate.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Not at a WWE event. Oddly enough, I would have no problem with WWE stars having special guest matches in UFC.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Nah, Brawl for All was overall one of the most stupid things they've done, seeing guys like Dr Death Steve Williams, who had been booked as a bad ass, getting knocked out just ruined his image and he tore his hamstring in the process. Lots of other guys got injured and the tournament was won by a boxer, Butterbean.
Steve Williams was supposed to get pushed from this to face Austin for the title and draw probably around $5mil on PPV, the problem was he just got knocked out by Bart Gunn and they couldn't run with that anymore so they lost money and lost some guys for a while through injury.
If I want to see a legit fight i'll just watch UFC or boxing.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Between Khali and Hornswoggle yes.

But otherwise no. I wouldn't want to see a shoot fight on a WWE PPV like I wouldn't want to see a wrestling match on a UFC PPV.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Did you watch the Brawl for All? It was a complete disaster!

Dr. Death Steve Williams, the man who was supposed to win, got injured during his fight with Bart Gun. So Bart Gun wins. Then he goes to Wrestlemania and gets knocked out by Butterbean in less than a minute. It was a disaster. I don't think it'd be wise to risk having any real shoot fighting in the WWE. Huge liability.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts