·
Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,101 Posts
Reactions: N-Zone

·
1,101 Posts
I kid there are numerous reasons why I wouldn't want to see it
one being its the first PPV after Mania and historically some major shit has gone down at Backlash
two considering how WWE have booked the womens division over the last few years I wouldn't trust them to build a fued leading to a main event
three its womens wrestling I don't want a womesn match headlining a PPV it just doesnt interest me hugely

·
Registered
75 Posts
I wouldn't be against it in principal, but Beth and Nattie are not and will never be big enough stars to come close to headlining a PPV.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Divas should never headline a PPV. No, no, no, times infinity!

they are terrible (yes generalizing because they are). They botch 3 times in 3 minutes. No one cares about them. Their mic work is terrible (generalizing again because it is)

I remember Lita vs Trish and the only reason people cared about it was because Kane was gone for awhile and he was in a storyline with Lita, Trish, and Snitsky (I think Snitsky, could've been Tomko) so we all thought Kane was coming back. The highlight of the match was a BOTCH! I think Lita landed wrong.

Divas should never ever, ever headline a PPV. I feel just as strongly about this as having a Diva win a Royal Rumble and Triple H should never return ever. i don't understand why people would even see this unless they like botchy matches. At least if it was TV 14 again, you could say "oh well I want to see them almost naked in a bra and panties match". That actually understandable.

·
Hit the kitchen up, and water whip. SKRRT
4,031 Posts
Headline a PPV? No. But they can main even raw or whatever, or have a longer than usual time slow on a ppv, only if it's gail kim vs awesome kong, i really wanna see that match again. Although with wwe's wrestling style for women, i doubt it would compare to their tna matches.

·
#EMMAtained
2,586 Posts
If they build it up properly, I wouldn't be against it. I'ma huge Trish fan and I remember her main eventing Raw with Lita and that match was great. Back and forth action, a story was built around it for months, and they had history for years with each other, so see it all culminating in a title match to main event Raw was really cool and it worked good because they delivered in every way. Thing is, there are no Trish Stratus's currently on the roster. But if a Diva could carry a storyline as good as she can were to come along, and they actually build something up for a long time and can actually wrestle? Why not, Not gonna say no just because they are diva's, I enjoy the diva's division when booked properly.

·
1,101 Posts
you lot are a bunch of rampaging sexists!
no im a raging realist, you see how many buys you get when you headline a PPV with a womens match the idea is ridic

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Headline a PPV? No. But they can main even raw or whatever, or have a longer than usual time slow on a ppv, only if it's gail kim vs awesome kong, i really wanna see that match again. Although with wwe's wrestling style for women, i doubt it would compare to their tna matches.
This. With a proper build up Gail Kim vs. Awesome Kong. Though WWE would have a tough time selling that Gail Kim can actually compete with Awesome Kong. TNA and Gail Kim made Gail Kim look like a superstar, not like some random chick that gets beat up by the Bimbo twins.
Gail vs. Kong was certainly one of the better feuds in wrestling (male or female) over the last few years.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Does backlash still exist???

Anyway i think for raw or smackdown if the feud and the 2 divas were right then it would be fine but nah, not on a ppv i dont think.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.