Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know there are alot CM Punk threads but this question really I need to see your opinions about it.

First,We still don't know if he will return to wrestling or not and if he does we also don't know if it will be full time,part time,or even just 1 match before retirement so all of this are just speculations and discussions only,I just wanted to write this before someone says why are we so sure he will return.

I would accept it myself as there are not that big feud or dream match that is locked for the next WM and I know people will call him hypocrite if he does that but I wouldn't mind it as he deserved atleast 1 WM main event throughout his career.

I would also like to see for the last time CM Punk as the champion through the summer between Wrestlemania and Summerslam.

I think he won't last more than year if he returns so a Royal Rumble win,WM main event,Championship run,and potential matches vs The Fiend,Brock Lesnar,Seth Rollins,AJ Styles,Daniel Bryan,Roman Reigns,Randy Orton,lots of others that I can't remember atm,and maybe John Cena and Triple H will be a great last run for him.

So Would you accpet Punk returning to the Rumble,win it and main event Wrestlemania like he always wanted to happen and maybe potentially become the WWE or Universal Champion in the process?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Re: Would you accept CM Punk winning the Royal Rumble and main event Wrestlemania?

I could live with him winning the rumble, knocking off Brock and then dropping the belt in the ring.

·
Registered
22,935 Posts
Re: Would you accept CM Punk winning the Royal Rumble and main event Wrestlemania?

If Punk was committed to a semi full time return, sure. But hes's not, so not really. And just so I'm clear, there's nothing wrong with that.

I think he comes back and hope he does. But I'm only thinking he comes back for one match at this moment in time. And if he does, let him face Brock without the title. Let him face HHH.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts

If he´s back for the long haul and does a full schedule, that includes house shows, live events, media stuff and S.A. trips, then MAYBE.. And that would not be next year, but maybe the year after.
But since we know he doesn´t want to put in the work, then no.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts

CM punk is in a rather difficult position if it came to this. If he decided to take a part time schedule then win the rumble etc then he would be no better than the people he criticised such as the rock, undertaker and brock lesnar. He would be a massive hypocrite.

therefore punk would likely have to come back on a full time schedule if he wanted to avoid that, something I can't see him doing.

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,539 Posts

No, better Danny Burch, Mustapha Ali or Drew McIntyre...

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,227 Posts

CM punk is in a rather difficult position if it came to this. If he decided to take a part time schedule then win the rumble etc then he would be no better than the people he criticised such as the rock, undertaker and brock lesnar. He would be a massive hypocrite.

therefore punk would likely have to come back on a full time schedule if he wanted to avoid that, something I can't see him doing.
This is so very true. Punk would become the thing that he supposedly despised and fought so hard against.

Unfortunately for me, the heart wants what the heart wants. No matter how much I'd be against it in principle, at least for those few short moments, I'd probably lose my mind and mark out like I was nine years old again.

·
Registered
388 Posts

I don't understand this "If Punk did this or that he would be a hypocrite" opinion.

Like Punk is the definition of hypocrisy don't you think?

He came back to WWE (oh you can twist and turn it as many times as you want because he was hired by Fox bullshit) but he's working with WWE employees, commenting for a WWE show, so stop that if he would do something he would be a sellout. He is a sellout!

With that said yeah it would be cool seeing him in the Rumble. But I guess Phil Brooks has in mind an acting career using Fox as a trampoline.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

I dont give a shit about part-timers winning things anymore. Everyone in both rosters is so bland, the titles have zero value... Punk would be upgrade to anyone even if hes showing here and there.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
As far as WWE management is concerned, main eventing WrestleMania is the one thing that should never be granted to Punk. It was his biggest complaint outside of health, and he quit over it. His quitting should not be rewarded.

·
Registered
847 Posts
You'd be crazy not to. It would be the biggest moment since Bryan won and whoever ended up beating Punk would get a fantastic rub. Win, win all around. Sure he'd look hypocritical becoming the part time champ after fighting against that but who cares.

I'm not a Punk fan either. You got to be objective and his return would be the spark they need right now.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts

Absolutely I’d be cool with it, he deserved it then and he still deserves it now. I dont care what kind of schedule he comes back on, id love to see him finally get the WM Main Event and one last run.

He’s one of my favorites of all time and I’d welcome him back anytime.

·
Registered
538 Posts

Considering that his last appearance was at the RR, it would add into the hype of his return. I feel he doesn't deserve to come back an auto-win just like that. A RR return, yes, but winning it, no.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts

Punk returning in the royal rumble is lazy storytelling. Punk needs to attack triple H at backstage or something.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts