Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in December 3, 1991 , WWE attempted to establish Tuesday as a secondary pay-per-view night. Lukewarm reaction and a disappointing 1.0 buyrate rendered the experiment a failure, and the company shelved its plans until nearly thirteen years later, when it held Taboo Tuesday.

So my question is Would WWE succeed in making a secondary PPV now if, they would stop NXT and Superstars?

And have the secondary PPV for new and rising stars.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
If it was a normal PPV, as long is there is 3 or 4 weeks before and after it then it would probably sell fine no matter what day it's on. I just think the idea is pointless. There is no real need for it.

They would have to make it cheaper if they want to sell a PPV with no major stars.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Well the PPV back in late 1991 in Tuesday In Texas could have been a major success and a truly great PPV but for some reason they decided it would be a great idea to do Piper/Flair as a fucking dark match whilst putting Bulldog/Warlord and DiBiase and Repo Man/Virgil and Santana. The main matches in Hogan/Undertaker for the WWE title and Savage/Roberts were built very well but not given enough time in my opinion with Savage/Roberts being given around half the time of Bulldog/Warlord and DiBiase and Repo Man/Virgil and Santana.

If the card would have been Hogan/Undertaker, Savage/Roberts, Piper/Flair, Hart/Mountie and Road Warriors/Natural Disasters as it was meant to be with one of either Bulldog/Warlord or DiBiase and Repo Man/Virgil and Santana as filler then it may have been a much more successful PPV and made more money meaning they had opened up the possibility of doing PPV's on another day to Sunday.

I actually liked Taboo Tuesday to start with as the first one was always going to be geared towards Michaels/Triple H and they had began to sow the seeds to a Benoit/Edge feud as well and the second one with Cena/Michaels/Angle and Flair/Triple H again was good but it felt like WWE were pushing these PPV's as two match cards as everything else was always filler. It was as if WWE didn't want to be successful in doing a different day PPV as once it changed to Cyber Sunday in 2006 we saw Cena/Booker/Big Show, D-Generation X/Rated RKO, Hardy/Carlito, Kane/Umaga and Lita/Mickie.

In 2008 Cyber Sunday saw Undertaker/Batista with Stone Cold Steve Austin as special referee, Michaels/Orton, Triple H/Umaga, Mysterio/Finlay, Kane/MVP, Punk/Miz and Hardy/Kennedy which all were properly built up and given time for their matches. Then in 2008 they went out and did Triple H/Hardy, Batista/Jericho with Stone Cold Steve Austin as special referee, Undertaker/Big Show, Mysterio/Kane, Hardy/Bourne and Morrison and Miz/Cryme Tyme. From this you can see that a lot more time and effort went into pushing that PPV concept on a Sunday than on a Tuesday so i don't think WWE want to do anything on another day or much more effort would have gone into building them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts