Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the question states, what would WWE be like if all matches were fair.

- Nobody allowed at ringside, just the two wrestlers battling it out.
- If someone was to do something illegal while the ref was not looking, they would review with a replay and restart the match or give a DQ.

In other words all is fair. Would it make WWE very plain?

· Registered
4,724 Posts
WWE is very plain now.

We kind of had a replay rule, for one time, which makes every other time someone cheats make no sense why it wouldn't be applied. It was during the Miz match.

I think everyone here would hate it because mostly everyone wants heels.

I would be interested in it being a trial to see how it goes. Maybe it is what is needed or maybe it's a stupid idea. But I think it's worth trying to do for a short time.

· also known as a BUSTER
13,290 Posts
There definitely need to be less unfair matches in wrestling. The amount of run-ins, beatdowns, and unclean wins is just overkill atm. Everything feels so cliched.

One controversy a show would be fine. Promo interruptions are a big pet hate of mine too btw.

There are so many ways to put heat on a heel. You don't need to have someone pull the tights to win every match in their career. Miz could get more heat by using the LaBell Lock to win a random match, than he could by having Riley trip someone up.

· Registered
496 Posts
If you want fair then go watch ROH. It's not a bad product but it's more likely to be what you're looking for.

I like WWE the way it is now. There's an acceptable amount of drama and with that comes great storytelling. If everything was always done to be completely fair then it'd be a lot less exciting. The only way to combat that is to make everyone seem like they're on the same level. But then it'd be difficult to know who the main eventers are etc.

· Registered
20,972 Posts
I can't even imagine how making matches completely predictable due to no longer having to worry about run-ins, screwjobs, or shortcuts to win matches would make them less entertaining.

· Registered
288 Posts
The tactic of cheating is way too common. I'd like to see it used more sparingly, so that it really seems shocking when it happens. For one thing, it actually makes heels appear to be weak, which is bad luck for the guy portraying the heel. The Miz is an increasingly excellent performer, but he rarely wins clean without outside interference from A-Ri; this does not help to build him up as a credible world champion.

· Registered
107 Posts
The tactic of cheating is way too common. I'd like to see it used more sparingly, so that it really seems shocking when it happens. For one thing, it actually makes heels appear to be weak, which is bad luck for the guy portraying the heel. The Miz is an increasingly excellent performer, but he rarely wins clean without outside interference from A-Ri; this does not help to build him up as a credible world champion.
Agreed 100%

· Registered
6,603 Posts
There definitely need to be less unfair matches in wrestling. The amount of run-ins, beatdowns, and unclean wins is just overkill atm. Everything feels so cliched.

One controversy a show would be fine. Promo interruptions are a big pet hate of mine too btw.

There are so many ways to put heat on a heel. You don't need to have someone pull the tights to win every match in their career. Miz could get more heat by using the LaBell Lock to win a random match, than he could by having Riley trip someone up.
I agree with that.

I also think things like replays and the like would ruin the spectacle. There's no need to abuse inteference in matches, and it is used too much at the moment, but it's necessary. There needs to be that 'anything can happen' element.

· Banned
2,204 Posts
the main problems with WWe and TNA as far as the world are concerned is the lack of clean finishers which give CLOSURE and the lack of sport esthetics and principles

So yeah more fairity would achive this and bring some more confidance and less ridicule into wrestling as a whole

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.