Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would Wrestlemania currently sell out Wembley in the UK?

Wembley has a 90,000 capacity and Wrestling is as unpopular as it's ever been in the UK. I think obviously a lot of old fans might get back into it for the Wrestlemania period if they knew that it was coming to Wembley and they thought they could finally conveniently go to Wrestlemania.

Thoughts?

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,046 Posts
It would be close (mainly due to the entrance/stage taking up a significant portion of the seats), but the only way it would 'sell out' would be if it was built up as a 'home town' boy was in a headline match, similar to when Davey Boy was in the main event at SummerSlam against Bret, if that was the case I would say yes.

·
Asuka
96,233 Posts
It'll probably sell out everywhere it goes because of the name value, I'd imagine. The UK crowd won't be a problem if wrestling is really that unpopular there, since most WrestleMania crowds are majority tourists anyway.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Fuck Wembley, Etihad Stadium will have it before Wembley...due to Bentleys Full of Cash offering vince well...bentleys full of cash.

·
Wrestle Like It's 1999!
370 Posts
Less people watch the NFL on tv during sociable hours than the wwe during unsociable hours.

To answer your question. Yes it would.
but more people watch TNA on challenge than WWE haha

·
Registered
186 Posts
well the nfl sells wembley out and that has probably the same TV time as WWE
WWE programes are on nearly every other day on Sky Sports and it usually has a good 4 hours of footable each time. NFL is only on a couple of time a week.

Id say WWE was far more popular than NFL in the UK with this kids and adults ect

I think it could defo sell out Wembeley, god if an actual England game can (which is far less entertaining lol) Im sure WWE can :p

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Would it sell out Wembley? Without a shadow of doubt, more casuals and older fans would go, there would be thousands from Europe there too, it'd definitely sell out, with ease

·
Wrestle Like It's 1999!
370 Posts
TNA is on during sociable hours on a free tv channel. WWE is on a subscription satellite channel during unsociable hours. You do the math.
wwe is on all the time! sometimes it has a 4 hour block on afternoonish time

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Thing with WWE here is there are lots of fans, but most people can't be fucked to pay extra for Sky Sports and then stay up till the early hours to watch it, most people I know here tend to keep up to date with WWE on the internet. It's why TNA beats WWE in ratings here, TNA doesn't air on a channel that costs so much extra.

Low as fuck ratings here = not seeing another PPV here. We had Summerslam 1992 when Wrestling was popular as fuck, easy for everyone to watch, and had Davey Boy in the main event. We had a couple of UK exclusive PPVs which were cool and dumb at the same time, and since then nothing.

Could WrestleMania sell out Wembley? Easily, it would be the only chance a lot of people in the whole of Europe get to attend such an event, so that wouldn't be a problem. But due to time differences (as far as I know it'd air during American Football games in the US), the hassle of making it happen overseas, and just generally no reason from Vince's point of view to do it, it isn't going to happen, not any time soon anyway, we'd need a huge boom in the popularity of WWE in the UK. Wish it would happen though, it'd be awesome, but for now the only other country you can expect to host WrestleMania is Canada.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts