Wrestling Forum banner

would wrestlemania ever be held out of the USA

2478 Views 36 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  Platt
general question really what do you guys think of holding the biggest event of the year outsie of the us, the uk would probably be a prime place with wembley able to hold about 90 thousand people

cover the grass build the ring job done

i personally dont think wwe would do it but just fancied others input

wembley/old trafford/emirates could all make it a amazing spectical
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
797 Posts
I realy wish it could be hosted over here in the UK at wembley/emirates/st james's park but it wont happen as the WWE biggest fanbase is in the US and its far bigger over there i think. And they get huge crowds every year 'so if it aint broke, dont fix it'

I think there could be maybe one PPV held over here, or at least one or two more shows they always go on about how much of a success it is and how the crowds are the best so why not ?

·      
4,018 Posts
Does Canada not count? Our collective self-esteem has dropped to zero.

To answer your question: no. Not outside North America at least. Why? Time zones, brother. Los Angeles and London have a time difference of, what, 8 hours? The earliest you could have it would be 12:00PM (UK time). That would be an 8:00PM start in Los Angeles and a 5:00PM start in New York.

· Registered
4,806 Posts
If U.S.A ticket sales for America started declining and WM didnt sell out 2 yrs in a row then i think the WWE would consider doing a guaranteed payday of bringing it to Wembley and breaking the indoor events attendance record. But i doubt it would ever come to that.

· Registered
3,886 Posts

We British fans can only wish.

I HIGHLY doubt it though, unless guys like Barrett, and the next big British star are regular main eventers, even then it's a small small small chance.

· Banned
4,476 Posts
No. Just no.

It is an American company. Without a gimmick reason, there will never be a worldwide Pay-Per-View held outside of North America. By that, I mean Bulldog/Hart IC Title at Summerslam '92 was a gimmick, really. And One Night Only, Rebellion, Insurrextion, etc. were all UK-exclusive.

· Registered
2,362 Posts
Its not totally impossible, because a stadium the size of Wembley will fit in a bigger crowd than a lot of the arenas that hold WM in the US. People watching on tv/cable can do that regardless of where its held.

That being said they would clearly need to have a British wrestler over as much as Davey Boy Smith was at that time. Which means they need him to be a face. So really its one of those maybe, but not likely, situations.

· Registered
381 Posts
apparently edge wants to have his last mania in canada. But seeing as that is unlikely, they should maybe have one pay per view in canada and/or UK, as well as doing more tours to other countries eg. australia gets one tour, but it is ridiculously crowded.

as for mania, only if they did something drastic, like talk to air companies and offer cheap flights if they buy tickets to mania.

· Banned
4,476 Posts
Its not totally impossible, because a stadium the size of Wembley will fit in a bigger crowd than a lot of the arenas that hold WM in the US. People watching on tv/cable can do that regardless of where its held.
People want to watch WWE live, especially WrestleMania. So the only way to do it is if the show goes on at 2:00 AM over there, which isn't going to happen. If it's 8:00 PM there, it's what, 2:00 PM here? People have jobs, therefore that won't work, either.

Get over it, Europe, no WrestleMania for you.

· Registered
5,432 Posts

That being said they would clearly need to have a British wrestler over as much as Davey Boy Smith was at that time. Which means they need him to be a face. So really its one of those maybe, but not likely, situations.
Maybe they could just re-package one of the top stars to be from the UK. Like have triple H come down one time and reveal he is actually from England and he has been scared of telling people this but as boundaries were broken with the likes of wade barrett and shaemus coming in from UK he has come to realise it is no longer seen as a taboo to be british in WWE. If they don't want him to speak in english accent then they can say that he is so used to putting on an american accent now that it has actually made his english accent disappear over time.

A bit like kofi kingston being from jamaica but then being revealed to be american with an american accent. They can say that triple h entered wwe as a posh blue blood because he actually is related to the english royal family and have him go back to this.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.