Wrestling Forum banner

Would WM answering 2 long overdue questions make up for the weak card?

1607 18
While the rumored card does not look all that special as a whole there is definitely potential from some great matches: Cody/Rey, Orton/Punk, Taker/HHH, Miz/Cena with the Rock, and even Edge/ADR should be interesting as ADR should become WHC.

There are two big stories on the year that could be revealed that could really save this WM. The first being the "bigger picture" Most us believe that creative just dropped the ball on this and had nothing really planned for it, but what a stage WM could be to reveal it. Another story that has dragged on way too long that should be revealed soon is the Raw GM. If WM is the platform used to reveal just one of these (hopefully both) I think it could help people to get over the weaknesses the card.

What are your thoughts?
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Crazier than Santorum and Bachmann's love child
9,503 Posts
I don't really agree, especially since Nexus has gone so far downhill. Plus, even if these things are revealed, it still won't help sales because no one will know it is going to happen.

· Banned
3,179 Posts
I watch Raw almost every week and I don't have a clue what this "bigger picture" storyline the OP mentioned is.
Then clearly you don't watch Raw almost every week.
It was all the Barrett led Nexus talked about for awhile, I think it started after Bragging Rights.

· Registered
19,085 Posts
Barrett mentioned them helping Kane bury Taker on SD this week, so it's still something somewhat talked about.

I don't think anything big will be revealed at WM, but something will happen at WM that when talked about on Raw or SD, it will reveal something big.

· Registered
2,775 Posts
Right now, I'm only interested in 3 things for WM:

1. The Rock
2. Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio
3. Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

I would be excited about HHH/Taker, as I am a fan of both....but lets face it, we all know Taker is going to win. There is no more excitement when it comes to Taker matches at WM.

· Banned
4,575 Posts
I watch Raw almost every week and I don't have a clue what this "bigger picture" storyline the OP mentioned is.
After they attacked on June 7th, Barrett explained their actions as being part of a "bigger picture." He continued to reference it, but we never got any more information on it.

· Registered
1,932 Posts
I doubt the Raw GM will be revealed on Mania, that's something I'd think they would save for Raw, if they ever do reveal it. The problem is, this storyline has gone on so long, I doubt anyone would care. The only two possible people are The Rock if he turns heel at mania, or Cole -- but I doubt that since I don't see him doing that role, being on commentary on RAW, and again on Smackdown. So WWE kind of wrote themselves in a corner with this, esp. considering the GM only went to a laptop because of the Nexus. The Nexus aren't even a threat now, I don't get why that douche bag is still hiding lol.

As far as the "bigger picture" goes, forget about that. WWE has no options for that and Wade pretty much lost his cred. after being literally buried by Cena.

But, let's just say for shits and giggles they did resolve these angles at Mania. It still wouldn't save this card from being trash.

· Dragon Slayer
6,701 Posts
No one is going to watch WrestleMania to see a general manager being revealed. WM is made special by the stories and the build up to dream matches. This year has embarrassing build (excluding Orton/Punk and Cody/Rey) and lackluster matches with low star power.

· Banned
3,179 Posts
You should reread my other post in this thread. Specifically the part where I say I watch Raw almost every week.
fpalm

"Then clearly you don't watch Raw almost every week."

Obviously I read the part where you said almost, considering that's the part I quoted.

It was mentioned quite frequently.

· Registered
1,839 Posts
Isn't there going to be a special guest ref for the Lawler v Cole match? I still maintain that the ideal way to end this whole anonymous GM thing would be to have the GM announced as the special ref for the match. But they don't reveal who the GM is, and therefore the ref, until both Lawler and Cole are in the ring at Wrestlemania.

It would be a perfect way to end the angle, in my opinion.

· Banned
428 Posts
While the rumored card does not look all that special as a whole there is definitely potential from some great matches: Cody/Rey, Orton/Punk, Taker/HHH, Miz/Cena with the Rock, and even Edge/ADR should be interesting as ADR should become WHC.

There are two big stories on the year that could be revealed that could really save this WM. The first being the "bigger picture" Most us believe that creative just dropped the ball on this and had nothing really planned for it, but what a stage WM could be to reveal it. Another story that has dragged on way too long that should be revealed soon is the Raw GM. If WM is the platform used to reveal just one of these (hopefully both) I think it could help people to get over the weaknesses the card.

What are your thoughts?
I don't want the GM revealed. When we have an actual person as the GM, way too much time tends to be wasted on them making announcements and stuff. With the anonymous GM we don't have some long entrance for a GM to come to the ring, and the announcements tend to be quick and to the point.

Besides, I'd miss the "doo doo doo" sound.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.