Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here me out on this. I think this would be great for TNA. I know this would bring their yearly PPV count from 12 down to 10or 11, but i'm not sure that TNA makes a ton of money off of PPV's anyway. This would allow storylines to be developed much better and they wouldn't have that rushed feeling that they often do. Also, they wouldn't have to just throw in random matched like they always do just to fill out the card. TNA most likely doesn't have the resources to add any more national programming, so IMO this is a good option. More developed storylines would most likely lead to increased PPV buys anyway. Also, having less PPV's would make them feel more important, both to fans and the wrestlers. What are your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Giving more time or reducing the amount of the PPVs is pretty much universally agreed here along with going on the road but the thing is none of us know exactly how good or bad there buys are so maybe TNA does have a reason to have so many even if we end up with subpar PPVs.

·
Banned
2,408 Posts
Reducing the number of PPVs won't improve their quality. Not as long as "creative" is so heavily TV-centric and under Hogan-Bischoff's thumb.

·
All Out
2,805 Posts
They should held a PPV every two months, that would probably work.
Yeah, six a year seems perfect for them. If they moved Destination X to February, had Lockdown in April, Slammiversary in June, Hardcore Justice in August, Bound for Glory in October and Final Resolution in December it would be an ideal PPV structure for TNA in my opinion...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Genesis
Lockdown
Slammiversary
Destination X
Bound For Glory
Final Resolution

Add Sunday night Spike TV specials like a Victory Road too if you want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts