Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't want the title to be too long so I'll put it here. Would TNA benefit from different writers for each division? Like Russo by himself booking the entire show has gotta be creative overload. Yeah Russo is a bit much when he's trying to make compelling tv.

Remember when D'Amore booked the KO division? You could tell just by watching the show that something was different about the way things went down. That really was the reason the KO got the highest rating on each show each and every week. If it was just tits and ass, then WWE divas would give us 4.0's to the rest of the show's 3.5.

So back to the question what if TNA got a real booking team together that had different task. Obviously Russo, Bisch, Hogan and Jarrett can take over the main event, since that's all they truly care about. That's why so much goes into that 45 minutes of the show.

Then maybe spend a little money and let D'Amore or someone with and eye for good drama that doesn't involve a cat-fight, all the time. Am I saying I want Samurai action, no. But come on, you have way better talent pool to be this bad. I can see why that if the KO's bring the rating doing nothing then there is no need to actually try, but come on, the ratings can only get better.

Next we have the X Division AND TV Title divisions. I wouldn't know who to put in charge of this but obviously, Russo is too busy to put to much emphasis in it. If anyone has any suggestions they are welcomed. I thought that maybe Pat Kenny/Simon Diamond could take the job cause he's on hand. I put these together cause they are basically the same cause they are two titles that have no importance at this time. The first thing I think should be done cause it's relatively simple and could get some virtue out of the tv title is to have Flair present AJ with a new title belt. Cause the look of the belt is fine, it's just looking at it you remember the shitty history in such a short time. Legends title, Global title and now TV title. Ridiculous!

Next The X Division, wow were to start. Take it in another direction. Yeah keep the fast pace but make this your international division. Look at the rest of the card all the performs look the same for the most part. Everyone in Fortune/Immortal, the KO's have been blonde-d out. Love, Lacey, Velvet, Wilde, and hell Rayne just turned brunette. Everyone looks the same. I think you have a good start with Robbie E and Jay Lethal feud. I'm not saying the division should be about race but about wrestlers of different styles and looks tearing it up. We saw it work for the tag division let it work here. You can bring in a few guys and trim fat off the rest of the roster.

Let Okada, Red, Lethal, Robbie Kiyoshi and Kendrick run wild. And hell to help the TV division let these guys overlap. And maybe we get a X Div. Champ vs TV Champ feud. You showcase both divisions at once and take half the time. We already know AJ and Kendrick have history, let AJ talk the division down and have Kendrick or any of the X guys to step up. Then you have AJ bring back the house he built.

Lastly we have the Tag division. And honestly for about a year TNA have been getting this one right and I think the pull that 4D have is to thank. So I say don't fix what's not broken. 3D put MCMG over big and they have bowed out to let the younger guys have the spot. And now that they have left the stage let them take a backstage roll as the booking "team." Hell and I say let Ray take a spot at the announce booth and take one of the spots or just add him to the fray. As far as talent for the division I see a lot of crossover like Okada and Kiyoshi forming an alliance, yes the only thing they have in common is heritage but really that's enough. So now you have MCMG, Gen Me, Gunner and Murphy, Okada/ Kiyoshi and hell maybe even Red and Hernandez. I really think that TNA has been missing a Big Guy/Little guy team ever since LAX broke up. Maybe call them Red and Big. IDK.

It's not hard to see the potential both on stage and back. You have the talent and you got the brains, Russo, D'Amore, Kenney and 3D. That's a great set of brains that each have at least 18 years apiece. I think it would be easy for TNA to get D'Amore back and like I said the rest are on hand. So my question is, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Sounds a great idea, but I would worry about the fluidity of the show as a whole *que joke from someone else quipping that the show lacks it already*

·
IDGET
4,758 Posts
Better solution would be to just get rid of Russo and have one competent person booking the show.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
They really need to hire new guys, because the current team really isn't cutting it. There should be guys to focus on repairing the X and TV title. Because through any promotion I've watched, when the heavyweight feid/storyline didn't seem interesting, I could always depend on the mid-card titles/wrestlers to keep me entertained and satisfied with the show overall. And right now, the only division doing that for me in TNA is the Tag Division.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't think Scott D'Amore will come anywhere near TNA again unless Vince Russo's role was changed (or he was completely 86'd) as I believe that was part of the reason he left. I would have the booking committee of May 2005-Sept 2006, headed by D'Amore back in a heartbeat.

Ordinarily, I would advocate one vision as the creative driving force, but TNA possibly need something different to build their fanbase rather than seemingly struggling to maintain the current core. Just had a watch of Turning Point and it was painful, a total mess. In an ideal world, no-one would lose their job or be undermined but something needs to be done.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Better solution would be to just get rid of Russo and have one competent person booking the show.
I thought about that and while simple and easy, 2 things stop it from coming true.

1. Russo is too connected to everyone, Hogan, Eric and Dixie love the guy, for some reason.
2. If he left You'd still have one mind trying to work the chaos that is TNA's roster.

And #2 is really something we can all agree WWE does right. They have a team. And hell it's a team for each show. They understand that in one mind there is no quality control so to speak. At least they understand that writing a whole card is too much for one man. Like since WCW went under, WWE can do whatever it wants cause there is nothing to compare it to, even if people like to.

*cough**sneeze**cough*

MMA :side:

·
Registered
665 Posts
I think the idea of having a booking team consisting of a rep from each division would be a great idea. Your Head booker could book put together all of the ideas into a show that has flow while the writers for the different divisions would work on what they think best.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
It's actually a great idea. Why it hasn't been done already I don't know.

·
"Ingrato De Chicago"
1,005 Posts
Wasn't Russo supposedly stepping down and move to Tennessee to do something else?

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
I thought about that and while simple and easy, 2 things stop it from coming true.

1. Russo is too connected to everyone, Hogan, Eric and Dixie love the guy, for some reason.
2. If he left You'd still have one mind trying to work the chaos that is TNA's roster.

And #2 is really something we can all agree WWE does right. They have a team. And hell it's a team for each show. They understand that in one mind there is no quality control so to speak. At least they understand that writing a whole card is too much for one man. Like since WCW went under, WWE can do whatever it wants cause there is nothing to compare it to, even if people like to.

*cough**sneeze**cough*

MMA :side:
Don't believe everything Reaction shows you.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't believe everything Reaction shows you.
Well maybe not those two but Dixie is the main string I'm to understand. And well, like it's said, there's gotta be a picture of her fucking a horse, taking it all the way and Russo got the pic. And so, he isn't going anywhere. LOL.

That's why I said work around him ya can't get rid of him so place smarter brains around him. Like D'Amore, Kenney and Team 3D.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Well maybe not those two but Dixie is the main string I'm to understand. And well, like it's said, there's gotta be a picture of her fucking a horse, taking it all the way and Russo got the pic. And so, he isn't going anywhere. LOL.

That's why I said work around him ya can't get rid of him so place smarter brains around him. Like D'Amore, Kenney and Team 3D.
Yeah, Dixie would literally climb Everest for Russo. There's no love loss between Bischoff and Russo, and certainly not between Hogan and Russo, infact i'd go as far as to say there's legit hate between Russo and Hogan.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wasn't Russo supposedly stepping down and move to Tennessee to do something else?
Perhaps there was truth to it at the time, but as with most things that would involve Vince Russo being hung, drawn and quartered, it picked up steam online and was held onto, even after it became less likely the change was going to happen.

As I remember, Tommy Dreamer was being tipped to replace him but then Hardcore Justice took place and the rest was history.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does anyone have any ideas on who could run the X/TV divisions?

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Minor spoiler here....

seriously spoiler...

***Ray turns on D-Von sooo I guess they'll be staying on tv...***

·
Registered
11,682 Posts
D'Amore prove himself by booking TNA through the dark ages and the women's division.

Then there is RIC FLAIR, a pretty good booker himself.

I'm sure guys like Raven and Dreamer have experience.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts