Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its clear as fuck they don't have enough teams in the division, Kairi and Asuka are feuding with a singles wrestler right now cause they don't have enough tag teams for them to face. We got Fire and Desire, Iconics (Who aren't even on tv half the time), Bliss and Cross and thats literally it, as a womens tag team you will literally face the entire division in a span of 2 maybe 3 weeks if you face each team a week.

And its not just that, its also that Vince doesn't give a single fuck about the division, theres no teams being created for it to fill it out, its just been Bliss and Cross, Iconics, Fire and Desire and Kabuki Warriors for ages and all those teams have faced each other multiple times at this point. They either need to start churning out some new womens tag teams or just get rid of the fucking belts, theres no point in having titles for a division that god damn thin.

Its also hurting the singles division cause Asuka and Kairi can't feud for the womens title nor can Bliss and Cross, that doesn't leave alot of options for Becky or Bayley to feud with.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Who cares about the women's division anyhow? Morons at the WWE can't even create compelling storylines for the men's tag division(having two sets of titles is a dumbass move as it is), IC title, US title. And you expect them to sustain TWO women's titles and tag titles? This is a bunch of women we're talking about. They can't wrestle for shit, boring to listen to, no personality, And instant channel changers.

"kabuki warriors" my ass. Fire most of these women and get back to what worked(men's divisions). Nobody is ever going to give a damn about women's wrestling, let alone women's tag team.

And if you think they're going to load up their roster with EVEN MORE women, a roster that already has 35% female wrestlers who're pretty much useless, just so they have more tag teams to contend for those garbage titles? That'll be the day about 500K viewers will completely give up on NxT/Raw/SD. And more will follow.

·
rasslin
2,610 Posts
The 24/7 title and women's tag titles have to be the most useless titles since the TNA Legends title.

·
Registered
16,454 Posts
At least Kairi and Asuka are doing something with those titles... unlike the previous owners. But I do agree as a whole they are kind of useless due to the lack of women tag teams which in tern is due to lack of women on the roster in total.

Women make up 20% of the roster of a single main show, and also get 80% or less of the screen time men do so its true it was going to be hard to institute a womens tag title from the get go... But considering what they are doing with it, Kairi and Asuka have been entertaining. I do feel without those tag titles Kairi and Asuka would be still in catering.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
They will be retired within 1.5 to 2 years. TNA tries a women's tag division and that didn't last long.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Well, the title was for publicity stunt in beginning, it's to satisfy Stephanie desire. The title should have more participants since WWE have overstock women especially in NXT ,the title need to be used for introduce or give unused talent a spotlight, some of them are struggling to get their debut on tv,I think the tag team title battle is the simple solution for them.

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
Asuka and Kairi actually are more entertaining and feel more relevant than the RAW and SD champs at the moment...

Although this is an example of the performers clearly being better than the belts they have, which is why they are starting to overshadow Bayley and Becky lately.. We know very well they're a team right now because they don't want to give them either the RAW or SD title...but they don't want to piss off fans by handing them too many losses either. Even though Bayley and Becky's reigns have become beyond stale at this point...

But Asuka and Kairi's reign is probably going to be the high point of these tag titles. Once they drop the titles, it's going to fall back under the gutter again.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Charlotte needs another title damn it..Anyways tag titles haven't mattered to Vince in quite some time. Braun strowman won with a kid..that shows how much he values the mens tag titles...Why is he going to value the women any higher

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
The 24/7 title and women's tag titles have to be the most useless titles since the TNA Legends title.
The Knockouts Tag Titles were more irrelevant than the Legends/Global/TV/KotM Championship was and that's saying something.
Of the 9 championship reigns there were 2 of those had to be vacated due to contracts expiring (funnily enough for opposite members of the same team) and the last champions were ODB and Eric Young, yes, Eric Young, a man, their reign was 478 days before the title was vacated and deactivated, the vast majority of those were just the titles being off TV and just never being officially deactivated...

Also apologies to any Zelina Vega fans saddened to know her only title reign anywhere was for such a worthless title.

·
Premium Member
11,906 Posts
Well I don't watch WWE much anymore but even so, I can tell you it's part of a wider problem that there are simply too many championships across the company.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Well we're about to get a really good main event TLC match for the Women's Tag Team Championships so I'm fine with them. The Kabuki Warriors have been good champions too.

Well, the title was for publicity stunt in beginning, it's to satisfy Stephanie desire. The title should have more participants since WWE have overstock women especially in NXT ,the title need to be used for introduce or give unused talent a spotlight, some of them are struggling to get their debut on tv,I think the tag team title battle is the simple solution for them.
It was actually to get Banks & Bayley to stop bugging Vince about it from what I heard.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
The problem is not the titles per se. But the fact that they cant think beyond Charlotte and Becky even for the tag titles..They were just feuding and you already put them in a tag team..for what??.. Why not establish some teams, dont use your main stars here as well?

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Who cares about the women's division anyhow? Morons at the WWE can't even create compelling storylines for the men's tag division(having two sets of titles is a dumbass move as it is), IC title, US title. And you expect them to sustain TWO women's titles and tag titles? This is a bunch of women we're talking about. They can't wrestle for shit, boring to listen to, no personality, And instant channel changers.

"kabuki warriors" my ass. Fire most of these women and get back to what worked(men's divisions). Nobody is ever going to give a damn about women's wrestling, let alone women's tag team.

And if you think they're going to load up their roster with EVEN MORE women, a roster that already has 35% female wrestlers who're pretty much useless, just so they have more tag teams to contend for those garbage titles? That'll be the day about 500K viewers will completely give up on NxT/Raw/SD. And more will follow.
I mean the NXT women's division is hot fire. It's nothing but bangers.

·
S.E.E.S.
537 Posts
Yeah I'm sure they'll listen to you, Vince is viewing this thread right now. Heel Asuka and Kairi are very entertaining, and they are elevating those tag titles after being dragged in the gutter by the Iiconics. I hope they keep those titles on them forever.

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
I mean the NXT women's division is hot fire. It's nothing but bangers.
The NXT women division is great but they're not draw for NXT.

Usually the womens matchs or segments brings a lot of 50+ people (wonder why XD) but lose a lot of the younger audience.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
The NXT women division is great but they're not draw for NXT.

Usually the womens matchs or segments brings a lot of 50+ people (wonder why XD) but lose a lot of the younger audience.
I mean, I'm not the promoter so I don't care, and I don't have to care. I just want a good show, and all the women in NXT fit seamlessly into my enjoyment of a good rasslin program.

As a counterpoint, if you want to program a show that only draws big ratings and it's nothing but high-interest segments one after the other, you get Rusev/Lana/Lashley segments every week.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts