Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would they allow the pepsi plunge to be used just once to help put punk over.

Say for example Punk gives HHH the Pepsi Plunge on Sunday and pins him clean , would surely put him over even more and people would then rate his in ring ability even more, a move that hasnt been used in a long time.

·
Registered
581 Posts
If there was anyone who recognized it as the Pepsi Plunge then I think Punk is already over with them. Everyone else would simply think he is stealing Trip's move which I guess could go either way in getting him over

Basically to know that move you would have to be a Punk fan anyway

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
It's unlikely but if it ever happens in WWE, it will happen on Triple H. It would make so much sense.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Remember hearing an interview with Punk where he said that he doesn't do the Pepsi Plunge because it is hard to pull off right and it hurts his knees to much. He said that WWE never limited his move set.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It would make so much sense to do it to Triple H but i cant see them letting him. Even if they do they will not mention anything about how Punk used to do it at all.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Who is "they"? Never heard anywhere that anyone was preventing Punk from doing any moves. Think the issue with the Pepsi Plunge was the damage to Punk's knees. If he was hitting that every night he'd be crippled before long.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
I doubt they'd allow it other than WrestleMania, even then I don't think HHH would be comfortable taking a move like that, how often do you see him use the ropes for a move?

·
Banned
313 Posts
Who is "they"? Never heard anywhere that anyone was preventing Punk from doing any moves. Think the issue with the Pepsi Plunge was the damage to Punk's knees. If he was hitting that every night he'd be crippled before long.
You can't really think WWE would allow someone to use a better version of HHH's finisher

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
God. That sounds like the gayest finishing move ever. "pepsi plunge". just sound horrible lol. Now the Anaconda vice", that's sounds badass.

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
It's not so much a case of WWE "letting" Punk do it, it's more a case of Punk wanting to do it. The Pepsi Plunge used to fuck his knees up.

Plus it's incredibly dangerous.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
No. Don't expect to see it anytime ever. That move is not only dangerous, it's something you can do on the Indies but not so much in the WWE.

Plus, he's stated that it would tend to fuck up his knees and I don't need a crippled Punk during the height of his career.

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts
I'm not convinced Punk would want to do it. Everyone compares him with Austin, and that comparison should extend to his knees... I can see him doing a normal Pedigree on Triple H, but the Pepsi Plunge seems unlikely.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You do realize Punk stopped using the move only because it fucks his knees up right? Nothing to do with Triple H
Aye, pretty much what i heard too. TBH i prefer the Punkhandle Piledriver. Never been a fan of finishers that involve the turnbuckles/top ropes. The set up is always clumsy as fuck and it more often than not ruins the flow of the match for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts