Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As a manager that is. Or even if they brought the Genius back for 1 off segment. Have the Genius read a poem and have Damien marvel at his intelligence and how he's found a pseudo equal

The chemistry of them on the mic together, talking down to the masses would be Golden. From the moment i saw Sandow, he instantly reminded me of the Lanny Poffo character. I'm amazed no one has ever mentioned this before.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Not only him, but the RZA and Raekwon might have great chemistry with Sandow as well.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Booker T once mentioned the similarities on commentary. The IWC got pissed since they (we)felt the way the comparison was made drew attention to the fact that it was a clear imitation of a previously used gimmick.

I haven't seen the manager idea raised before but I don't think it's needed, Damien is very capable on the mic and doesn't need the help of a manager.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Booker T once mentioned the similarities on commentary. The IWC got pissed since they (we)felt the way the comparison was made drew attention to the fact that it was a clear imitation of a previously used gimmick.

I haven't seen the manager idea raised before but I don't think it's needed, Damien is very capable on the mic and doesn't need the help of a manager.
Like i said, doesn't only have to be as a manager, but to see them interact in a segment or two would be entertaining.

·
Banned
1,729 Posts
The Genius kind of sucked to be honest.
Let me clarify, I was like 10 when he was The Genous, and I thought wrestling was real, and I thought he sucked then too.

FF>> to 2013, I like Sandow, so no. Lets just work on getting Sandow out of the gimmick he's been in and make him a little edgier and main eventish.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
I don't think Sandow needs a manager in anyway especially since alot of Managers do the talking for their guys which would be horrific for Sandow. It would be a horrible idea to strip Sandow of one of his best qualities and have someone as his mouth piece and to be perfectly honest i don't think the genius merits such a gift, Sandow is clearly superior in every way.

·
Registered
769 Posts
sandow doesnt need a manager the dude is ace on the mic wwe just needs to push him

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jesus, the point isn't to have him for Sandow as a mouthpiece, its to watch them interact as equals.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Jesus, the point isn't to have him for Sandow as a mouthpiece, its to watch them interact as equals.
That would either be completely pointless because hardly anyone would remember him or make it really obvious that Sandow's gimmick was, shall we say, inspired by Poffo's. Either way I think it would be a bad idea.

I guess maybe on an Old-School Raw itmight work but not before Sandow is at least a 2 time world champion.

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,012 Posts
They look so alike really, I've always thought this, the look, robe, everything lol

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
The similarities are uncanny. From the look, to the poetry, the verbiage...even the cartwheel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts