Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We all know that TBK is no longer in the WWE. But the gimmick was actually pretty good, and when The Miz won the title, I couldn't help but wonder if THE Brian Kendrick would have been able to make it to the top like Miz did, if not for the idiotic position he put himself in to get relesed.

He had so much potential, and I think big Zeke's potential was stalled because of his release.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Kendrick's only real problem was his size. WWE have always been reluctant to push smaller guys. But I believe if he was around for longer he might have got a world title.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kendrick's only real problem was his size. WWE have always been reluctant to push smaller guys. But I believe if he was around for longer he might have got a world title.
Size is no longer a problem in the WWE. The Miz isn't even 6 feet if I recall.

·
WEF's #1 Oz Mark
11,119 Posts
I honestly think he SHOULD be in the Main Event, right now. WWE dropped the ball when they released him, he was really talented in the ring, gold on the mic, and he could play both babyfaces and heels really well.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Size is no longer a problem in the WWE. The Miz isn't even 6 feet if I recall.
I think The Miz is a strong 6'1 in real life not kayfabe, I know I sound crazy but he towers over 5'8 Danielson.

To answer the question I think no, but he'd be hovering in upper-mid card, he has the charisma, but he's too weedy, maybe buff like Reymond & Eddie did.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I honestly think he SHOULD be in the Main Event, right now. WWE dropped the ball when they released him, he was really talented in the ring, gold on the mic, and he could play both babyfaces and heels really well.
He wrestled under the influence. I mean, he was freakin prancing in the ring. When he debuted THE gimmick, he seemed credible, but suddenly he took the prancing to a level that was beyond ridiculous. He was so high I don't even think he knew what arena he was in, lol. He dug himself a hole, and to make it worse, most of his shoot interviews (especially the one with Paul London) has him completely over the roof.

And I just checked. Yeah, Miz is 6'1. Okay, but that's nowhere as it used to be back in the day, so it's an improvement and allows everyone to be main event.

But man, if Kendrick only got his shit together...

·
Premium Member
43,668 Posts
Uh, no. The fact that he's an admitted pothead would have prevented it, even if he did have the talent & star quality to be on that level. (which I don't think he did)

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
No, especially if he stayed heel, because a heel that could barely meet Rey Mysterio's eye line is not going anywhere. I never saw anything all that special in him. To me he's just Evan Bourne with a flashy jacket.

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
Not anymore. Since the Benoit tragedy Vince has been given no choice but to push smaller guys, like in the wake of the Steroid Scandal of the early 90's. IF Kendrick was in that position in 2010 then he'd probably be in and around the main-event for a long time, but there's no chance that WWE bring him back now. He's sucked in TNA and I have no desire to see him back, unless WWE choose to implement a Cruiserweight Division.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Hell naw.

I was completely baffled as to why he was even in the Smackdown Championship Scramble to begin with, he was nothing more than a solid midcarder in my eyes.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Nope. Yeah WWE is forced to push smaller Guys, true, and i normally don't make a Shit about somebody when he is like 5'9 or something like that, hell Brian is barely 5'7, i would even guess him 5'6 and weights probably 160 Pounds, which makes him look like a little Boy. Your Champion shouldn't be towered by the average Fan. Yeah i know Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho and so forth, but they were either extremly muscular and ripped, had great Charisma or there was something special about them, sometimes they even had both attributes and most smaller Guys in WWE History who made it were great Wrestlers, Brian is good, but he is nowhere near great. In TNA he is even more ridicilous, he plays some kind of God or whatever, and i just look at this Skinny dude and think THE FUCK IS THAT? He was a good Midcarder but in my eyes there is nothing special about him, if somebody can tell me, i am willing to listen.

Oh and i know People are gonna throw Rey in, first of all he is a great Draw, and he is credible cause he has a certain aura about him, he seemed supernatural, i know Rey since WCW and even as a Child he seems like a Superhero and Giant Killer. There is something special about him, and i know some are gonna hate on him cause they hate Faces and Rey is the absolute definition of that, but there is no doubt in my mind that he is a Legend.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Kendrick's had more problems than his size. If he was to go at it again right now he'd keep smoking pot and keep getting held back for it.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
Miz is not small in the slightest, OP. He's easily 6 ft 1 and probably taller.
Miz is deceptive. When you see him on TV he looks small, obviously because of the guys he's on there with. But when I saw him up close and in person earlier this year he was HUGE! He looked taller than usual and was really buff in the chest/arms etc. And Cena looked dead short while we're on the subject lol. But built like a tank.

As for Kendrick, I never thought he was going anywhere tbh.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Kendrick just didn't look credible enough to be a main eventer. Now I'm not saying you gotta be some musclehead that's jacked up on roids to be a top guy but you at least look like you could somewhat hold your own. It looked he would have a tough time in a fight with the average fan yet alone a 250 lb wresler. I think pairing him with Ezekiel Jackson as his bodyguard helped negate this problem a little but it was still hard to take him seriously.

Also, even though he improved character wise, his in ring work wasn't as good after his heel turn due to lack of size. His offense had consisted of crowd pleasing high spots which is good for a face but is something you can't really do as a heel.
Plus he wasn't physically big enough or strong enough to pick anyone up, as everyone on the roster not named Rey Mysterio was like 50 lbs heavier then him. So it seemed like in his matches he would just do like a million dropkicks. His drug issues certainly didn't help either.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts