Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question is as follows, Would Sting have prospered from a 2002 WWE environment?

IMO RAW was a bit lackluster and SD was the show to watch. I cant help but think he would have been drafted to RAW and misused.

Potential for great feuds:

The Undertaker (although would not be as good if he was Deadman, not ABA)

The Rock

Brock Lesnar

Kurt Angle

Potential for great fuck ups:

HHH Moster heel run Burying WCW talent..

·
FEED ME LESS!
3,834 Posts
To be honest he should have gone. Much like Flair there was too much money to be made from Sting for Vince to bury him.
When has that ever stopped vince before? like ever?

Sting isnt stupid, he knows the business more than most people out there, if he says he didnt trust it, then it was prolly the right choice

IF they kept him the exact same as his gimmick always warrented and pushed him the right way he would have been in the top 5 all time, but they would not have done that.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
if they were to get over the fact that the man Steve is lazy, HE OPENLY ADMITS IT, no doubt

who wouldn't want to see The Crow take on The Lord Of Darkness?

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Never understood why he didn't go. A guy like Sting would have damn near complete character control, no way the WWE would bury him or misuse him. Out of all the WCW draws he was the only one who had nothing to worry about.

·
4X Efed World Champion
676 Posts
Sting didn't trust Vince. He felt had he gone to WWE, they would have misused him, and ruin his character. Vince's track record isn't the greatest as far as people coming into the WWE from other promotions, so I don't blame Sting one bit.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
He was Sting not Booker T.

I don't know how big of an impact he would have had but if he would have committed the company the end result would have worked out for him.

It would have beena Shawn Michaels like return. He would have definetily lost to Taker and probally Triple H too but in the end he would have been able to put on some classic matches.

Hey but I'm sure that 10 second match with Hardy and Sting Hogan at the retirement home is much better than a clash with Michaels at Wrestlemania.

·
The legend never dies
4,391 Posts
imo he would have been used just like booker t and all the other wcw guys, vince only saw goldberg as the marketable wcw guy and thats just to have a match or two to make trips look better.

·
Banned
401 Posts
He would have suffered the fate of DDP for sure. Which is absolute bullshit!

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
LOL at you guys comparing Sting to Booker T and DDP.

Despite the championships those guys were mid carders. The Jerichos of WCW. Sting was WCW royalty. The leader of WCW before Hogan and the 1st guy to knock Hogan off his pedestal.

He could of guaranteed himself main event status based off his contract alone. Yes, he would have jobbed to Taker and yes WWE wouldn't revolve around Sting because of age but he easily could have had a Michaels esque run in WWF.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I think they would've ruined him and destroyed his gimmick. Remember what they did to Raven, Tommy Dreamer and DDP?

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I think they would've ruined him and destroyed his gimmick. Remember what they did to Raven, Tommy Dreamer and DDP?
raven was messed up by wcw with his family life, ill give you dreamer, ddp picked his storyline even he admits that.......in fact ddp having been able to choose his own story says that sting might have had some input in what he does, they fact almost all the wcw guys won titles, heck some of the mainstays in wwe were wcw guys, some who wrestled sting in the early days of wcw. sting was just being paranoid. its not like vince set out to bankrupt wcw like bischof was trying to do to wwe

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Sting would have been a main eventer and a huge special attraction in big matches with Rock, Austin and Taker, he's top 10 in wrestling history. Sting is one of Rock's dream matches to this day and Sting himself said that if he can choose one wrestler in history to be his retirement match he wants The Rock. Can still happen if Sting will sign in WWE but I guess he's fine in TNA and he's getting big money there. In a WM main event with Rock or Taker he will do bigger than the money he's doing and it's not like he can't come back. Huge waste of so many great moments and potential big matches, I don't agree with him at all but I understand his mentality.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Sting sucks in the ring. Sorry, someone had to say it. I don't feel that a Undertaker vs Sting match would of been even half as good as Undertaker vs HBK or vs HHH

·
Banned
852 Posts
Sting sucks in the ring. Sorry, someone had to say it. I don't feel that a Undertaker vs Sting match would of been even half as good as Undertaker vs HBK or vs HHH

Don't mind me, just posting some videos of Sting "sucking" in the ring. I mean, I'm all for everybody having their own opinions, but... Really? :confused:

·
Banned
2,080 Posts
Sting fucking sucks in the ring right now. This taker-sting dream match will no longer deliver in ring aspect.

·
Banned
852 Posts
Oh, TNA completely slipped my mind. I haven't seen him in TNA, but I stand by my stance that Sting was great in ring in his prime and still awesome at the end of WCW.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
raven was messed up by wcw with his family life, ill give you dreamer, ddp picked his storyline even he admits that.......in fact ddp having been able to choose his own story says that sting might have had some input in what he does, they fact almost all the wcw guys won titles, heck some of the mainstays in wwe were wcw guys, some who wrestled sting in the early days of wcw. sting was just being paranoid. its not like vince set out to bankrupt wcw like bischof was trying to do to wwe
I was fine with DDPs story it was more the way it was booked.

WTF they had Undertaker's wife of the moment going over him?

What?

·
Registered
727 Posts
No, he would have been buried like the rest of the wcw talent.
he's a smart man for not going then, but i think he could sign now and get some creative control to make sure he isnt fucked over..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts