Wrestling Forum banner

Is Rhea Ripley the right choice to be the star Becky puts over?

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Babyface of WF
12,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe if you really wanted Becky to put someone over remotely popular who's not quite at their peak and has the tools to be the next Top star of the Women's division it's Rhea Ripley, Becky will eventually have to turn Heel and elevate a new Star capable of replacing her in her current position within the company because cycling through a multitude of Heels without giving them the necessary rub over and over isn't exactly a productive way of building stars.

An alternative would be for Ripley to be established as the 1B to Becky's 1A if the original isn't viable, People say they want a badass Woman who looks the part and has that believable aura to be the Face of the Women's division one day, Ripley represents that image more than Becky who thrives off being a more arrogant and cocky than bad to the bone which is how some attempt to see her as.

I think another option would be for Ripley to trade places with Charlotte for a while Ripley(Raw), Charlotte(NXT) to experiment this idea, Have Ripley turn Heel against Becky and see how fans would react during it's process, The match set(Whenever that may be) could lead to a successful double turn if fans are still receptive to Ripley and slowly gravitate towards her as their new Star while Becky can still retain her credibility already having her status solidified previously not losing her spot faliing down the card.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
599 Posts
I think people wastly overestimate Rhea's potential. She's good and she looks the part. But she is very sub par on the mic.
Is she destined to be a multi time womens champ? Yes, no doubt in my mind. Is she the next big thing? No.

Imo, Rhea will be The Undertaker of the female division. Hugely respected, but never the main star.
And ironically I think her heavy metal look might be part of the reason why. The WWE is a rated PG global, publically traded company. They want their Cena's, Roman's and Becky's as main stars, because they appeal to a wide audience, which is also why they seem too cooke cutter for a lot of fans on this site.

But that's how it is. WWE doesn't want to be a gourmet restaurant, they want to be McDonalds.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
well for 1 rhea aint leaving nxt she just got the title and hasn't got to work with majority of the nxt women since she went from nxt uk to winning title from shayna

·
FOTC
10,733 Posts
She could be. But I’d rather they pushed Bianca Belair as top babyface and have Becky go heel against her instead. Ripley can stay in NXT for a while.
I like this idea as well. Like you said before, Rhea doesn't have the charisma to maintain herself as the top face. Bianca has that IT factor going for her. I would love to see a heel Becky versus face Bianca.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
9,074 Posts
I like this idea as well. Like you said before, Rhea doesn't have the charisma to maintain herself as the top face. Bianca has that IT factor going for her. I would love to see a heel Becky versus face Bianca.
Its the right move I think. Bianca definitely has the IT factor and can definitely be a top babyface. It would also be a welcome change from the cliche blondes.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,588 Posts
I agree with what you guys are saying Bianca is a better option then Rhea, Rhea is already getting pushed to the moon and is most likely beating Charlotte tonight.

If Rhea beats the two top women back to back where would she go? I know they are high on her but they need to take it easy she's only 23 there is plenty of time ahead no need for a monster push this quickly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts