Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if they're able to do this, but RAW could probably benefit from a timeslot switch. Most of the kids who need to go to sleep (and with #'s ususally dropping in hour 2, I assume there are a lot) could stay up, and I don't think many of us would be affected. What do you think, would this help? I don't really know if this brings in more competition from other shows or whatnot, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

·
Banned
679 Posts
Sure, it's pg and the show ends when most kids go to bed! i mean what the hell

·
Premium Member
17,419 Posts
At the wwe 2012 summit meeting, steph said that the 8:00 timeframe is a paren-child timeframe; and they want to bring in new one hour specials (like they did rock v cena). So I guess they recognize that, and now will capatalize on all 3 hours.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
That would mean Raw would start at midnight for me and I could easily make the effort to watch it, so yes.

·
Registered
609 Posts
As long as it was appropriately advertised for a period of time. Just look at how few people realise when a 3hr Raw is on and miss the 1st hour. Its been in the timeslot for years though and change isn't always a good thing

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
If you want to appeal the kids, then Raw should be Monday mornings from 9 to 11.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
I actually think USA wants the WWE to fill all 3 hours (8-11 PM) on all mondays at some point from what I have heard.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Why not just put it on at 5pm so the little jimmies can watch it when they get home from school?
Cause majority of WWEs audience is 18+, despite what people on here think....

8-9pm timeslot has way more competition than 10-11pm timeslot.

Look at the 3 hour Raws, 8-9pm is always their worst hour in terms of viewers. Cause 8-9pm has more shows that people watch compared to 10-11pm.

If anything, WWE should try a 9-12am show for a 3 hour special sometime in the summer. Wonder what the 11-12 rating would be. And when Raw ends, it'll be tuesday in the city that's hosting Raw.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
If you want to appeal the kids, then Raw should be Monday mornings from 9 to 11.
So, in order to appeal to kids you air the show when they are in school?
Smart business move, dumbass.

As for the topic, Raw already airs from 8-10 in my timezone, and I'm happy with where it's at.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
^I hope not, cause saturday mornings used to be cool, now saturday mornings barely has any shows on,and if it does, they suck.

What happened to ABC,Fox saturday morning stuff that was good!

But there really isn't anything wrong with the timeslot in USA right now. Only thing they need to fix is making Raw LIVE in Canada! It hasn't been live since around 2006 I believe

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,325 Posts
76 percent of the country and 70 percent of WWE viewers are 18 or older.

Maybe an earlier time slot would be nice, but not because it would be good for children or anything like that.

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
It'd be easier on me as it'd come on at 9:30 and end at 11:30 my time.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
As a parent/wrestling fan, I can say that a move to 8 would see me and my children able to enjoy Raw together, whereas the 9 o'clock spot means my kids miss the majority of the show, especially with the 15 minute delay here in Canada.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts