Wrestling Forum banner

Would Punk get Booed against Austin?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Ex nihilo
9,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the match happens at Mania, do you think Punk would get booed? Austin at his peak was probably the most over guy ever and is considered the GOAT by many people. Wrestlemania is usually an older, smarkier crowd who cheer for the older guys a lot of the time so would Punk get booed against a returning Austin?

I accidentally created 4 poll choices, ignore the last one

·
Banned
7,681 Posts
Yes.

A returning Stone Cold after 10 years at Mania? Of course. Any opponent would.

Austin has such a special connection with the fans that only two other people have. So, yep.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Of course. Everyone knows this. Thread over

·
Banned
914 Posts
Yes.

Because an Austin-Punk program would only happen if Punk turns heel.

Austin has said so himself.

They need to evoke an authentic sense of hatred against each other to make it work.

And it's not going to happen with 2 faces just trying to out smart one another on the mic.

Austin's going to get cheered too much if he plays the heel role, especially against Punk, unless he heels on the crowd like what Rock did in '03.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Fuck the IWC gets more retarded every week,yes he would stupid question

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Yes. Jesus would get booed against Austin. Maybe kids who weren't around for Austin would cheer for Punk.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes.

Because an Austin-Punk program would only happen if Punk turns heel.

Austin has said so himself.

They need to evoke an authentic sense of hatred against each other to make it work.

And it's not going to happen with 2 faces just trying to out smart one another on the mic.

Austin's going to get cheered too much if he plays the heel role, especially against Punk, unless he heels on the crowd like what Rock did in '03.
This^ :gun: :frustrate :cool2

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
I think both would cheered massively, although there would be a small cluster of Punk boos.
So long as Punk isnt the champ the all shall be good.

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
Yeah for two reasons. He knows HOW to get the crowd to boo him, he is one of those special breeds that have the crowd in the palm of his hand in that sense. He would be the heel in the situation if the two were ever to face off.

The second reason is the fact that he'd be up against Stone Cold Steve Austin, one of the biggest names in the history of the business. The fans WILL always be on his side over CM Punk's and he'd definitely be getting the majority of the crowd.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Obviously, because it's fucking STONE COLD!

With that said, I think at least fans can buy into a handshake post-match if Punk wins unlike Cena/Rock where we could have expected a riot with that finish.

·
Registered
692 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I too think this would only work if Punk were heel, but even then I think Punk would get a cheer or 2, maybe 10%, but Austin would be stupidly over

1 - 20 of 33 Posts