Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Nah, just less cheered probably. He was a tweener when he faced a babyface Triple H, and that was mostly 50/50 with some nights the crowd being in favour mostly of Punk. It depends on how they book his character. As well as The Rock's.

This also applies to the Punk/Austin thread with the same exact topic.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
No, Rocky would be the one who gets booed.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Nah, just less cheered probably. He was a tweener when he faced a babyface Triple H, and that was mostly 50/50 with some nights the crowd being in favour mostly of Punk. It depends on how they book his character. As well as The Rock's.

I would like to say this is pretty much my take in it as well. Punk would get cheer much less than he does but I don't think he would get boo'd unless he was playing a heel character again.

But my new standard answer to will Punk be cheered/bo'd vs X is...

First Punk would be like :punk
the he would be like :punk2
and finally Punk would be like :punk3

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
If Punk started doing promos like Cena about him being there every week and the rock being away then yes he would get some pretty audible boos.

·
Banned
914 Posts

Except that Rock and Austin are three times more over than Triple H.

·
Banned
7,681 Posts
If Punk started doing promos like Cena about him being there every week and the rock being away then yes he would get some pretty audible boos.
No it wouldn't.

Cena used up all that rubbish and no one cared.

Be just Punk going after ammo that'd been used up and the fans didn't care.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
I dont think there is anyone on the roster that wouldnt get booed if they faced the rock.

Th Rock is ultimate FACE

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Like Stone Cold, YES, he would. But the benefit is, half the crowd don't fucking hate his guts like John Cena, so he can afford to win, shake Rock/Austin's hand and walk to the back without expecting some crazy fan to jump him on the stage.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Punk would easily fare better than Cena, but there'd be a few audible boos that would mostly be overshadowed by cheers. It depends on the crowd/location too. Believe it or not Rock would get some boo's as well. In all actuality if Punk faced the Rock I'd want the Rock to be a full blown heel. It would be FUCKING HILARIOUS.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
If Cena would of beat Rock, his career would of never been the same. He would of had no chance of fans accepting him. Ever.

Now I think that CM Punk has long been feeling the effects of his comments about the Rock...when they went back to Chicago, he didn't sound as over and they left him hanging during that in ring promo to start the show. Didn't boo him but there was this lack of energy and I think those anti-Rock comments were known to his hometown fanbase and they were ultra pro Rock when his name was brought up later about "not being there" and all of that bullshit for Cena. New York and Chicago definitely love Punk but the Rock is almost seen as the savior of pro wrestling more than EVER before....it was always true that if not for him and Austin, there would be NONE OF THIS anyway. Now it's more apparent than ever after the effect he's had on the industry since he's come back....

As for Rock vs Taker? They would both get cheered..Taker or not, no one is gonna fly half around the world not to chant and get into one of the Rock's last matches. No fucking way.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I dont think he would be heavily booed, but maybe a small cheer. If it were at wrestlemania i think he would get some cheers, after all alot of smarks are the ones who are their.
but I mean it is the rock, the savior and hero of the attitude era :rolleyes:

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
We've had this thread, threads like it and it's a lame topic regardless of who it's about.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.