Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's pros and cons to both Saturday and Sunday, but would they work on Saturdays?

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Absolutely!

Think about it.

For kids, they can have sleepover parties with no school the next day. I would dare say, the kids that don't follow WWE, would go to the party just to be with their friends and may experience their first event and become a fan.

For adults, it's even more important, because adults will be able to DRINK. With a few beers in them, a terrible show will become an average show. It hasnt worked for me but I could see it working for others.

I don't really see a bad side in moving it to Saturdays and for the kid aspect, it makes perfect sense.

·
Vacay in Suplex City!
1,778 Posts
Absolutely!

Think about it.

For kids, they can have sleepover parties with no school the next day. I would dare say, the kids that don't follow WWE, would go to the party just to be with their friends and may experience their first event and become a fan.

For adults, it's even more important, because adults will be able to DRINK. With a few beers in them, a terrible show will become an average show. It hasnt worked for me but I could see it working for others.

I don't really see a bad side in moving it to Saturdays and for the kid aspect, it makes perfect sense.
I agree with alot of this. I have a younger brother, Who cant always watch PPV's because of school being on the next day. But this change will never happen, So this topic is pointless.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Think about us overseas. PPVs start usually at 2 AM over here in Central Europe. Moving it to Saturdays makes it much easier to be enjoyed by non-US fans.

·
Bourne Better
2,270 Posts
Heh, I'm down with it. 15 years ago I remember turning the TV to channel 99 to watch the scramble channel and just listen to the PPVs haha... Let kids have their sleepovers

·
Banned
5,374 Posts
No it wouldn't work. Its the same reason why most TV shows dont play on Sat. People go out on the weekend. Its the worst day of the week for tv. Sunday on the other hand is the best day.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I wish. I have to stay up til 4am in the UK and then get 6 hours sleep before I have to wake up on Monday for college. As has been said, people would stay up to watch it with friends and not have a worry about getting up in the morning.

Saying that, a lot of people go out on Saturday, which is why Smackdown doesn't do as well, being on a Friday.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
No it wouldn't work. Its the same reason why most TV shows dont play on Sat. People go out on the weekend. Its the worst day of the week for tv. Sunday on the other hand is the best day.
Lots of people do go out on saturdays, but many of them just go out with friends, which could lead to ending up at one persons house and watching something on tv(like a show,game or movie).

Look at the 90s(not attitude era wise lol). ABC had their TGIF stuff which aired fridays, some of the most popular tv shows aired in that friday timeslot and they had LOTS of viewers.

Like someone else mentioned, UFC also has their stuff saturday and they seem to get lots of people to watch. For canada, they have the hockey night in canada stuff which is basically a guarentee that almost all canadian hockey teams play almost every single saturday in the regular season and they get millions of viewers(which is ALOT for canada since its population is 10% of USA).

WWE really should experiment with stuff like this. Trying out SD on diff days, ppvs at diff prices and diff days would all be interesting stuff. 8-11PM PPVs once a month on a saturday with most of them being around $30 seems like something that could get alot of people to watch.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Absolutely!

Think about it.

I agree with this.

·
Registered
609 Posts
how often does ufc have ppvs?

Being from the UK I would definitely say ppvs should be saturday nights, then re-runs sunday daytime. If they want kids to watch then they need to make it more accessible viewing. What parent lets their kid stay up til 4am 2watching wrestling, regardless of the day??

And as someone else has said saturday means not having to worry bout getting up for work next day, so drinking, having friends over is more likely.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
with the invent of Tivo's, Anytime players, Sky Plus, iPPV etc, the struggle to stay up to watch at 1am in the UK has disappeared. If you can't wait a few hours to watch your recording then you maybe should take a break from wrestling.

I think Saturdays would be great though, the kids sleepover thing is priceless. They could have deals with certain places that offer WWE packages with sweets and drinks and other things, like a WWE Packed lunch for the kids sleepover thing. Sounds stupid, but it would sell.

I record the Sunday night PPVs, which air at 1am - 4am here, and either watch them before work if I skim through disinterested (Some of the PPVs are free in the UK,) or if I'm looking forward to them enough I'll just avoid spoilers and watch them at a normal time the next night. I can see pluses with having them on a Saturday but complaining Sundays are too late for a grown man is stupid.

For kids though, Saturday night could be WWE night once a month. I know I would have loved it when I was a kid.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts