Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Everyone seems to have this idea that TNA was drawing 6's and 7's in the ratings and were traveling and selling out arenas and then Hogan and Bischoff came in and that changed. It's getting ridiculous. I complain about TNA too. I think their booking is bad. But be completely honest. TNA hasn't gone backwards because they were never successful yet to begin with. They're getting the same ratings and the same attendance they were getting before Hogan & Bischoff. So while Hogan and Bischoff haven't made the company a success it's not like they made the company worse either. Things are pretty much the same besides the six sided ring.

In fact if you take away some of the horrible booking the actual talent right now is at it's very best in this company's history. Roode has been booked as the greatest champion in the history of the company. They're using guys like Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Bully Ray, Angle, Daniels, Kaz, Aries in interesting ways. They're not pushing the Main Event Mafia or Immortal. The guys who should be getting pushed are finally being pushed.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Re: Would people quit acting as if TNA was actually successful before Hogan & Bischof

The problem isn't that people think they've necessarily gone backwards because of Hogan and Bischoff, but rather there has been very little improvement since their debut.

Is all the wasted money spent on their salaries worth the minimal benefit that TNA gets in return? Most would say no. There's a lot of money spent on those two, that could be spent elsewhere.

That being said, I still think Bischoff has a mind for the business and has some usefulness to TNA.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Re: Would people quit acting as if TNA was actually successful before Hogan & Bischof

they have done some good stuff for the company. production is up, tna has gotten more sponsers.

but lets not forget, garrett bischoff is only around because of his dad, same with brooke hogan now. and guys like val venis, nasty boys, orlando jordan, and the band were brought in because of them and bubba the fuck sponge piece of shit racist cock hole fuck head is the reason awesome kong is gone.

and they thought it was good idea to go against raw on monday nites. and the ruined ajs title run by turning him heel and makin him mini flair and jobbin to rvd.

now i know things have gotten better since last summer, but for me, there is 0 need for them to be on tv or have any imput into creative. bischoff brings nothin to the table for me. hes been riding the nwo idea for 16 years, he never did anything else that impacted wrestling. hes only around because hes friends with hogan simple as that.

hogan on the other hand has been able to get sponsers for tna. i think hogan should make all the media apperances for tna. put over impact and the wrestlers, promote ppvs, house shows, everything. there is no need for him to be this on air gm on impact.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

Is all the wasted money spent on their salaries worth the minimal benefit that TNA gets in return? Most would say no. There's a lot of money spent on those two, that could be spent elsewhere.
But that is the thing. No one knows what kind of return or what they have done for TNA outside of ratings. I have gone through this so many times.

Lets say Bischoff makes 2 million dollars a year. Now remember he is the executive producer for TNA. That means he is a big part of getting TNA TV deals. So what if he goes out and gets 2-3 international TV deals for TNA and they get a few million bucks for it? He just paid for his contract. The same can be said for Hogan and how much advertisers and merch he brings to the company.

Outside of ratings you no one can sit here and say those 2 one way or another helped or hurt the company since they have been here.

However I do know they have done a lot more in the 2-3 years they have been here than the company did the years prior.

·
Registered
813 Posts

The production and camera work, is better.
Most of the story lines are good, and the wrestlers seem to have more life to them.
But the show could be far better.
If some of the segments were shorter, and the matches were longer.
What if Kaz and Daniels had five matches on Impact under their belt as a tag team.
Against other teams that could actually wrestle, like The Briscoe Brothers.
Instead of useless wedding segments.
More people would have paid to see them wrestle for the tag team titles at Sacrifice.
TNA needs to get rid of the mid-card entertainers.
Leave the entertainment to the main event guys.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts

first of all ...ratings, house show attendance are down compared to before hogan/bischoff came on board

but even if you want to argue and say its even to before, bottom line is hogan/bischoff wasnt brought into tna and paid millions of dollars for them and their friends to keep things stagnant. the amount of money tna has wasted on hogan/bischoff has got to be in the millions. not only do tna throw away money at hogan/bischoff, but also i have no doubt in my mind that if not for hogan/bischoff , then ric flair,rvd,mr.anderson never would have came to tna . all those 3 have done nothing for the company and are just huge waists of time and money.

all the money that tna spends on hogan/bischoff/flair/rvd/mr anderson could be spent on developing younger talent either through training or scouting or beefing up ovw. anything really would be better then what their doing with their money now on these losers who not only add nothing but take away spots from younger and better guys in tna.

hogan/bischoff suck up air time, push their friends, push for their own agendas and have added nothing either on or off camera. and like i said, the worst part about them is their responsible for these losers (flair,rvd,anderson) being in tna in the 1st place. oh, and dont get me started on garrett bischoff and brooke hogan ..my fucking god

the only reason hogan/bischoff get away with what they get away with, is because their boss dixie carter is really a walker from the walking dead bec theres no way any human would put up with their shit

·
Registered
2,081 Posts

To be fair Impact had higher ratings on average before Hogan came into TNA. In 2009 they had a string of shows pull in 1.8-1.9 million viewers a week, now they are getting 1.4 million viewers per week.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts

first of all ...ratings, house show attendance are down compared to before hogan/bischoff came on board
The average attendance for a TNA show has always been in the 600-800 range (ppvs not included). The shows that draw 1000+ or 300-400 are usually the exception, so you cant pin that on Hogan/Bischoff. The only difference with the past is that whenever TNA draws under 500 all the websites immediatly report on it while shows that draw well are usually ingored. This makes it look like attendance is down, while in reality the average attendance for their shows is still the same.
The only thing you can blame on Hogan/Bischoff is that despite having bigger stars than in the past, they failed to increase attendance.

·
Registered
21,665 Posts

It's not a case of TNA being successful financially before Hogan and Bischoff but they were successful in putting out more entertaining shows which at the end of the day is what we, the fans wan't. I couldn't care less about how many people go to the arenas or what TV rating they draw. As long as they can put on a show that I enjoy then I'm happy. At the moment they're good but pre-Hogan they were a lot better.

·
Registered
249 Posts

Some people seem to think TNA has gotten that Million dollar Direct TV sponsorship because of Hulk Hogan. But Hogan wasn't on a single Direct TV ad.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts

- TNA had more ppv buys and solid 1.3 before hogan/eric came.
- The current booking isn't bad, in fact it's the best main stream booking since BFG.

Kurt Angle in TNA > hogan and eric.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts

People wining on Hogan/Bischoff going to TNA really only do that do go with the IWC flow. Hogan is the biggest name in the business, and together with Bischoff knows this business as the back of his hands. Sure, there are always things that could go better, but looking at TNA for the last couple of months they are doing really well and are growing step by step.

·
Banned
367 Posts

To be fair Impact had higher ratings on average before Hogan came into TNA. In 2009 they had a string of shows pull in 1.8-1.9 million viewers a week, now they are getting 1.4 million viewers per week.
Actually, the average for 2011 was higher than that of 2009.

·
Banned
911 Posts

tna was geting 1.3 to 1.4 right be for Hogan & Bischof .TNA NOW gets 0.9 to 1.0 .

·
Registered
9,547 Posts

I'm watching TNA regularly since 2006 when Kurt Angle made his debut(before that I saw some shows for specific things), not every week, there were periods where I was watching once a month, since Hogan and Bischoff came to TNA I'm watching 90% of the shows. The product now is interesting and the roster is their best ever. Stop repeating "IWC slogans" and look at what happened, Hogan/Bischoff wanted to go on the road? they did more shows on the road than ever before, Hogan/Bischoff wanted live TV? they're now getting a new LIVE time slot for the entire summer. The ONLY reason they're getting so much support from Spike TV is Hogan/Bischoff. All that with the best production they ever had, thanks to Eric.

·
Registered
281 Posts

I think it's funny how people act like TNA isn't at least mildy successful. A 10 year old company has surpassed every single promotion created post-WCW buyout. Not to mention, Hogan was in XWF, which never got off the ground. There have been dozens of feds trying to fill that gap like XWF, WWA, and all kinds of others that couldn't get the job done.

Guess what? TNA is the number 2 wrestling promotion in the United States as far as mainstream success goes. ROH number 3. The gap between ROH and TNA is greater than that of TNA and WWE IMO. TNA has bigger stars, and a show available to waaay more people. Don't start the hate yet though, cause I do believe ROH has a more compelling product, and better quality workers, but don't forget, ROH as it stands right now, is a niche product. It is for smarks who know the ins and outs of how wrestling actually works, and those who want to see a more mat based show.

TNA has done more than any other promotion (besides WWE) with almost exact equal time as the company right behind them (ROH). The argument could be made that ROH isn't trying to go mainstream, and that is valid. I give you that. But to say ROH wouldn't trade spots with TNA would be a huge falsehood.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts