Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking if NXT had their pros be the top guys in the company rather than mid to lower card guys would they gain more viewers or do you think it wouldn't make a difference because of what the shows concept is.

What if they had a season with the following pros
John Cena
Randy Orton
Edge
Big Show
Rey Mysterio
Triple H
Kane
Sheamus

or what if they had a NXT season with legends as pros

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Yes if it was with wrestlers instead of divas like the 1st 2 seasons.
NXT season 1 didn't feature any pro diva, only season 2 did (Laycool).

I guess names don't affect ratings no matter how big of names the pros are.

Heck, not even Mark 'Ratings' Henry could increase the ratings.

·
I recycle.
1,281 Posts
Think they want to give more airtime to people that need it, just need to balance ratings with training new stars. Also is another date for top guys that need to appear in instead of a day off.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I don't think the ratings would rise too much, but I'm almost positive that if there is an NXT 4 the ratings can only go up from what 3 will be. Did WWE not learn its lesson with the Tough Enough 2 winners?

·
Banned
1,093 Posts
The Legends idea would fail miserably. What kid would tune in just to watch a wrinkly old fool who they probily never even heard of. Watching Bret Hart and other "Legends" on TNA has been torture enough... Old guys humiliating themselves by showing there current lack of in ring skill.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I think the only thing they can do with it is go more down the reality TV route. A mixture of NXT and big brother. We need footage of training and some element of the locked away in a training camp for months.

·
Broadcast Journalist
280 Posts
No, pro wrestling is being over flown on the TV market. If anything WWE should lose NXT.
Have to disagree with that. Back when WWE was known as the WWF and could seemingly do no wrong in the late 80's, they had as much on TV as they do now - possibly even more! I think it's less to do with an oversaturation of the TV market and more to do with wrestling just not being cool at the moment. UFC has taken over as being the "water cooler" subject, just as wrestling was during the Attitude and Monday Night War eras. Of course, I'm the first to be skeptical about the "cyclical nature of the pro wrestling industry".

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Not only would there be a problem with staleness if they didn't rotate the pros, but NXT has given valuable exposure to various workers that otherwise wouldn't have gotten it (just consider Goldust and Primo for season 3).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts