Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I miss the old days of ECW when they had barb wire matches, ladder matches and such. Very violent. I'm not saying every TNA match should be that violent but if some were I think the ratings would improve. TNA and WWE seem too PG13 anymore. Are they maketing mainly to kids now? If so it's not working because I see mainly adults in the audience.

·
Banned
966 Posts
No. They did a lot of blood during the Monday Night War with WWE and those quarters did badly.

Skermac you seem to have a limited understanding of TNA's demo and the average age of the audience.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There doesn't have to be that much blood. There was only a little when Storm was hit with a beer bottle. That match ended violently and I loved it. They could have more ladder matches or pinfalls count anywhere matches. Too generic means lower ratings. People like a lot of action. It doesn't have to be bloody action/violence. I guess I don't understand the demo and average audience age. I only know what type of people I see in the tv audience.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
It's a different time.

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
THe use of blood must be saved for special matches or events, otherwise it will loose it's effect. IMO TNA should save this for Hardcore Justice and for whenever a feud is built to that intensity.

Remember when TNA decided to contrast with wwe's pg rating by showing blood in almost every match? Learn with your mistakes TNA.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
r rated movies mean differently in todays world so its not out of the question to put some extremity into their overall programming without going overboard

not quite like that but i digress

·
Registered
11,690 Posts
It's a different time.
To bad ratings and buyrates is low across the board. Most fans didn't pick up on that memo.

Wrestling fans, casual,hardcore or smarks love violence. We watch wrestling for violence. I think violent might be the wrong word, WE LOVE INTENSITY!!!

I think the OP was trying to say we need more intensity in wrestling and we do. The concussion thing has made wrestling soft, add hollywood writers,females in power(Steph and Dixie, sorry to all the female fans who might get offended), we living in a safer but weak wrestling world.

Sure we had glimpses of intensity like Nexus destroying Cena or Cena vs. Umaga at the Rumble but overall the intensity factor is at an all time high. We need more things similar to Austin/Hart streetfight, Cactus/HHH Raw streetfight,a random Faces of Fear squash, a Vader type beatdowns. We need more intensity.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Look at the ratings ECW got to answer your own question?

The answer is no, violence for the sake of violence doesn't draw.

The story behind the violence and the people involved is what draws.

Heated issues that go so long and that are escalated so much that the violence makes sense.

That is what draws.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
no necessarily violence. if they let guys have great matches like back in the day and not have every match end in a roll up like last nite, then that will catch peoples eyes. gimmick matches and blood should be saved for when needed.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Yeah, they should emulate a company that went out of business a decade ago.

That makes alot of sense.

:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts