Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that there was a rumor that after his final WCW run, Muta was alleged to have wanted to head to the WWE but his no compete clause prevented that from happening and he returned back to Japan.

Aside from Sting, Muta is the only guy I wish would have had a run in the WWE, especially during the Bret Hart era. He could have had some great matches with Bret, HBK and Owen. He had a unique gimmick and was quite over with the American fans. Muta was one of the first wrestlers I have seen compete on TV, in a tag match with Terry Funk against Sting and Flair.

So, do you feel that Muta could have found success if he had every signed with WWE? And what are your thoughts on Muta as a wrestler.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Totally. He would of needed to alter his style a bit to please inpatient American audiences, but if Undertaker has lasted this long, Muta can too. Guy has the charisma of The Rock.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Without a doubt. Muta was a BAMF. He would have done great in the 90's WWF. He would have been awesome in a stable with Yokozuna.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
He'd have had a good run, especially if he debuted in 1990 or 1991 (under the management of Mr Fuji). He'd have brought the moonsault, which was a hit in NWA. Probably feud with Bret Hart for the IC title.

Also, with no disrespect to Yokozuna (RIP) and the talented Hakushi, Keiji was a MUCH better performer.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Muta was the only reason I watched ICP segments in WCW, but I think he would of gotten the Ultimo Dragon treatment in WWF/E.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts