Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly I think people give him too much credit just because he died young. He couldn't draw as a champion, he was drugged up half the time and towards the end of his career his wrestling was a joke to watch. Had he lived I'm sure he would just be another Perry Saturn, a disgraced old man who USED to be somebody.

Reactions: egnuldt

·
Registered
395 Posts
This could be fun. Glad I have a clear schedule this afternoon to watch over this!

Guerrero was the fucking man though bro! Entertaining as fuck in every way. And I don't care if we was drugged up, on steroids or whatever. He was awesome!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Eddie was a legend, and my favourite wrestler when I was younger. I agree that dying young definitely helped his legacy. But he isn't unique in that regard. When you die at your peak, people remember you at your best rather than having their memories of you diluted by your later self as you age and decline.

But still, he would still be remembered as a great wrestler and a great champion.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
2003-2005 he was over as fuck and having tons of great matches. Of course he'll get praised a bit excessively due to his death, most do, but I feel like most of the praise was warranted. If you feel like his matches with Angle, Lesnar and Mysterio were a joke to watch, I don't know what to tell you. Either we have very different tastes or you're trolling hard.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
he would in my world, I watched the build for eddie from royal rumble 04 after the los guerrero break up through to him winning the championship etc, it was a great time.

I think austin summed up eddie for me really in that while he was really good in the ring in the earlier days he didnt have the whole character quite nailed but by the time eddies character had been sussed he started to break down physically.

I dont really see how he was a joke, he was still wrestling ok when he faced kennedy literally 2 days before he died.

basically your saying you dont like eddie thats all which is fine if thats your opinion but people clearly liked him before he died, he didnt start becoming popular after..

clearly death increases the attention to people (as with heath ledger) but to say he would be forgotten about is simply not true.

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Here's how the OP reads to me

I am a Jinder troll. Not all Jinder fans are trolls, but I am. Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to bring up Eddie Guerrero, who was also very well known for being on steroids and see if I am able to bait in Jinder haters and see if they will make hypocrites out of themselves. What I forgot to take into consideration is that Eddie was one of the most well round talents of all time with no notable weaknesses while Jinder is mediocre at best if he's lucky.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
he was very talented but dying when he did the way he did has definitely had a positive effect on how he is viewed now
he was about to win the world title as well, was in the middle of a great feud with batista and would have moved on to shawn michaels

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts
I completely disagree. People who never experienced his work could look it all up and still be amazed.
He was fantastic in the ring and on the mic. Oozes charisma and personality. Felt natural both as a heel and as
a face. He could work with all kinds of opponents. He did die way too young but it's not like he didn't have
a fantastic career. Despite his personal demons, I've only heard good things about his fellow wrestlers.

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
Eddie is one of the greatest of all time and at the time of his death, he was only just getting started in the main event. He'd have had at least 1-2 more title reigns and would go on to retire . Don't see how he'd be looked at worse than that

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Honestly I think people give him too much credit just because he died young. He couldn't draw as a champion, he was drugged up half the time and towards the end of his career his wrestling was a joke to watch. Had he lived I'm sure he would just be another Perry Saturn, a disgraced old man who USED to be somebody.
-He was never a huge draw, but he was a draw.If anything, it was never on his talent but his marketability as a smaller man and being a foreigner that caused him to drew less but he was over af.

-You do realize he got sober, which is why they brought him back? And if you're referring to steroids, everyone was on steroids back them.

-Yeah that Perry Saturn statement confirms it. You're a troll trying to bait people to get attention.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Eddie is one of the greatest of all time. He was great as a heel & a face. He was over as hell because he had it all; charisma, looks, in-ring abilities, mic skills. He was a very entertaining star & made a huge impact.

Not to mention his legendary feud with Rey Mysterio.

Reactions: The Masked One

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts
Eddie was a top 5 talent easily before his death. His unfortunate demise did not elevate him in the slightest. If death truly made people appear greater, then why is Viscera still perceived as shit? Umega is still a 6/10 wrestler despite his death. No one thinks that highly of Test. Etc etc.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
You could at least TRY to not sound like a total troll.
Literally every sentence is demonstrably and blatantly incorrect.

D- Must Try Harder.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Eddie was a top 5 talent easily before his death. His unfortunate demise did not elevate him in the slightest. If death truly made people appear greater, then why is Viscera still perceived as shit? Umega is still a 6/10 wrestler despite his death. No one thinks that highly of Test. Etc etc.
Umaga was at least an 8. The guys potential was frightening, he could have been one of the best big men in the history of the business, it's just a shame he was around when Cena was at his unstoppable peak.

Eddie wouldn't be regarded as highly as he is now, his untimely death means people remember him at his peak, if he had been in the business longer he'd reach a point where people started to turn on him but he'd still be regarded highly because he was an elite talent.

·
Registered
24,904 Posts
It depends on if he was still wrestling, what role he was playing, and if he could keep up with the new guys.

As long as he wasn't a main event again I imagine he'd be beloved, and he'd also be remembered more when folk go on the "Punk invented non-traditional Vince guys becoming champ" thing.

But yeah Eddie wrestles a hardcore friendly style and seems to be charming as fuck. I imagine it would be a constant battle on who's this best overall vet him or Jericho

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
588 Posts
OP is at best a troll. Nobody gives credit to Eddie because he died lol, everyone gives credit because he was awesome and it really draw. I was a kid and I watched mostly because of him. With his charisma, mic skills and in-ring work he could be easily a FOTC better than Reigns.

Reactions: zrc

·
Registered
17,523 Posts
He managed to excel in areas that he lacked in others. His charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent (thanks RuPaul) more than made up for his lack of height. Depending on which way he leaned you either adored him or wanted to punch him in the face. That sort of ability doesn't come around often.

Like most who die young, he will always be fondly remembered. And in this instance I don't mind one jot.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Eddie Guerrero was pure entertainment plus one of the best in the ring and that doesn't have anything to do because he died.

There are lot of wrestlers who died in young age but not been overrated by anyone so it is really because he is one of the unique guys.

I completely disagree. People who never experienced his work could look it all up and still be amazed.
He was fantastic in the ring and on the mic. Oozes charisma and personality. Felt natural both as a heel and as
a face. He could work with all kinds of opponents. He did die way too young but it's not like he didn't have
a fantastic career. Despite his personal demons, I've only heard good things about his fellow wrestlers.

I watched this promo before but I can watch it again and again because of how real or true that promo was,one of the best promos I have ever seen.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
It depends on if he was still wrestling, what role he was playing, and if he could keep up with the new guys.

As long as he wasn't a main event again I imagine he'd be beloved, and he'd also be remembered more when folk go on the "Punk invented non-traditional Vince guys becoming champ" thing.

But yeah Eddie wrestles a hardcore friendly style and seems to be charming as fuck. I imagine it would be a constant battle on who's this best overall vet him or Jericho

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Off topic but I always read your posts in Booker T's voice :lol

Reactions: RapShepard
1 - 20 of 27 Posts