Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
16,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simply put, if something happened that forced them to retire right now, do you think they will one day be inducted in the HOF? Do they deserve it? If so, do you think it would be in the high tier ballot or the Koko B Ware spot?

and please, hopefully there wont be any comments about the HOF being a joke because of the celebrity wing. That shouldnt count, its a seperate thing from the people actually in the business being inducted. Theres been alot of people that didnt go in, but I can only think of 2, maybe 3 inductees that didnt deserve it.

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,012 Posts
Punk without a doubt, his backlog of work has earned that .... easily, not even questionable.

Bryan, yes also, although it would be great to see more longevity in Bryan before making it certain, but I'd still say yes for sure right now anyway.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
The HOF, for the last time, has no qualifications. Basically the bare minimum to get into the HOF is to win at least one match on PPV in your whole career. Curtis Axel is going into the WWE HOF.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
Punk-yes. 434 days as champion is pretty important in this day and age.

Bryan-no. Being over isn't enough to get into any competent HoF. Were that the case, there's a bunch of people who deserve to get in ahead of him. HoF means you're elite and something special. Being over is simply doing your job. Why should that require extra praise?

Reactions: Gretchen

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Punk-yes. 434 days as champion is pretty important in this day and age.

Bryan-no. Being over isn't enough to get into any competent HoF. Were that the case, there's a bunch of people who deserve to get in ahead of him. HoF means you're elite and something special. Being over is simply doing your job. Why should that require extra praise?
It's not a competent HOF. Koko B Ware is not elite and neither is most of the HOF. Daniel Bryan beat John Cena clean on PPV. That alone could make him the top of a class.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Punk would definitely get it only man win MITB 2 years straight, former IC and world tag team champion former world heavyweight champion and former WWE champion and he dropped a pipe bomb that changed wrestling and it's direction, Bryan on the other hand hasn't been given the ball like punk was yet so no he isn't a HOF as of now.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
16,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The HOF, for the last time, has no qualifications. Basically the bare minimum to get into the HOF is to win at least one match on PPV in your whole career. Curtis Axel is going into the WWE HOF.
There might not be any qualifications, but theres a certain criteria that needs to be attached to the inductee to justify a HOF spot. How many inductees can you count that didnt contribute greatly to professional wrestling in some way shape or form? I cant think of that many. Do you really see them try to put together a video package for the career rundown of Curtis Axel?

:cena2

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
It's not a competent HOF. Koko B Ware is not elite. Daniel Bryan beat John Cena clean on PPV. That alone could make him the top of a class.
Well I was speaking about this in a legitimate perspective, since the OP said we shouldn't bring up that the HoF is a joke. Were it a competent HoF, Bryan wouldn't get in. Since its the WWE HoF, if your name has ever been mentioned in the same sentence as the acronym WWE, you're eligible. So because of that, Bryan would get in. Doesn't mean he deserves to, though.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I think Punk definitely would, but i'm not sure about Bryan, I think he will be inducted eventually, but he's probably not done enough yet.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Yep, WWE HOF has no standard or qualification level.

Anyone can get into HOF.

You just need to have good relationship with :vince4

Axel, Miz, Khali, Hornswoggle, Koslov, Santino...they all can basically get into HOF.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Punk would definitely get it only man win MITB 2 years straight, former IC and world tag team champion former world heavyweight champion and former WWE champion and he dropped a pipe bomb that changed wrestling and it's direction, Bryan on the other hand hasn't been given the ball like punk was yet so no he isn't a HOF as of now.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Are you serious?????

He beat Cena clean in Summerslam...that alone is a major accomplishment.

And let's not forget Koko B Ware

·
Registered
16,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Koko B Ware was super popular and made a name for himself in the territories, but I agree that he shouldnt have been put in the HOF before some more deserving people. He is not a top tier ballot inductee though, there were 5 or more inductees that year who got top billing before him.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Bryan is getting close. Considering he's been WHC, WWE Champ and Tag champ with Kane. He's going to become a hall of famer for sure by the end. Punk is already there. 400+ days as champ guaranteed that.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
The sucky part is that Punk automatically already has the best career out of the two of them. Bryan probably won't ever face Lesnar, probably won't ever face Rock, and probably will never face Taker at Mania...And he clearly won't ever get the title for a length of time...so just because of management, Punk already will have the better career, fair? no

·
Registered
835 Posts
-Punk ? Of course. Chances are Punk will be the top ballot when he goes into the HOF.

-If they had to end their careers today ? Bryan would have no chance and anyone who says differently isn't being reasonable

·
Registered
110 Posts
So far Punk has only been main event caliber for less than 3 years. Bryan has hardly been there (yet). So if their careers ended today, what about that means they should be in the HoF?

Besides the fact that this is the WWE HoF we're talking about.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts