Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would Chad's career been different if they went with him being the son of Kurt Angle or you think been the same as it is today?

Jason Jordan had potential, but was soon injured and off the active list. Besides the fact that he wasn't biologically Angle's son, he didn't really resemble him at all in terms of his looks. Gable on the other hand, acts and looks more like a Kurt Angle than Jordan.

·
Registered
17,817 Posts
Unless being Kurt’s son caused him to drink his milk and gain about 7 inches in height? Nope.

That said, it’s kinda funny he wasn’t the son. He sorta looks like Kurt back when Kurt had hair.

Reactions: jpickens

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Different? Sure. The ankle lock and angle slam would be his two main finishers. He'd pull the straps of his singlet down more often when angry.
Vince would make Cole mention that was Angle's son about 100 times every match.
He might have gotten to the point on the card where he is now sooner. But, I think he'd have fallen back down the card sooner too.
I think the "Kurt's son" gimmick never had long-term potential.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
It was a stupid gimmick to begin with just as stupid as Vince illegitimate son storyline.

Chad looks closer to Kurt but his size was always going to hold him down.

You don’t need to be a 6”5 jacked to be a top guy but you still have to have at least some physical presence compared to the other wrestlers . Guys like -Riddle, Cody, Rollins etc are about the minimum physical look to be able to pull a main event guy believable.

So no , don’t think he would be a much bigger deal now than he is if he was Angles son

·
Premium Member
4,538 Posts
Given the way Wrestling had moved to the reality era with people's pre-WWE names being used and several smart mark references being dropped in that particular time period 2016-2017 I don't think this gimmick would have gotten over with anybody.

People wanted Kurt Angle to manage American Alpha, Kurt Angle himself wanted to manage American Alpha. The whole Kurt Angle Son storyline was a classic case of creative overthrowing things to please a boss.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts