Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've heard that Asian people are usually stronger, smarter, and better fighters than white people.

There was a video posted by a user on this site that showed UFC fighters who were UFC champion went to Japan to fight and got their asses kicked.

Do you guys think Brock Lesnar, despite of his freakish athletic powers, would be able to overcome every strong, smart, and quick Asian fighters out there? Is Brock Lesnar really 100% unstoppable?

·
I'm Sa-Sa-Sleepy, boff!
3,375 Posts
So I've heard that Asian people are usually stronger, smarter, and better fighters than white people.

There was a video posted by a user on this site that showed UFC fighters who were UFC champion went to Japan to fight and got their asses kicked.

Do you guys think Brock Lesnar, despite of his freakish athletic powers, would be able to overcome every strong, smart, and quick Asian fighters out there? Is Brock Lesnar really 100% unstoppable?
no

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
It's a case of what is embedded into a country/region/religions cultural lifestyle. A lot of Asian countries are passionate about combat sports so they have a higher participation rate. Just as European and South American countries love football and produce the majority of the world's best players, some Asian countries love martial arts and boxing. That's not to say that there are not exceptions, Brock Lesnar is a brilliant athlete for instance. It just means that probability is against the minority.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Why do you people think lesnar is such an amazing fighter? He's honestly not.....

Reactions: BigEvil2012

·
Premium Member
15,124 Posts
I don't think Lesnar's an amazing fighter. I also don't think he's a shitty one. His career was too short to make an accurate assessment. Well, not really because it's still all a matter of opinion.

But I can understand people saying he's a great fighter. What I don't understand is putting him in these fantasy scenarios against a culture of people (in general) and we're supposed to form a half way decent response.

·
I swear to god I had something for this...
3,747 Posts
Brock's first professional MMA fight was against an Asian guy, and he won in less than 2 minutes. It's just plain racist and untrue to think one nationality's fighters are better than another.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brock's first professional MMA fight was against an Asian guy, and he won in less than 2 minutes. It's just plain racist and untrue to think one nationality's fighters are better than another.
Obviously, there are way better fighters out there than Min Soo Kim. Did you not hear me say that there was a video posted a while ago on one of the threads that showed UFC champions losing to Japanese fighters in the ring?

Would've been nice to see Lesnar competed over there too, or even Cain or JDS.

This thread was made merely just for question of matters.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Obviously, there are way better fighters out there than Min Soo Kim. Did you not hear me say that there was a video posted a while ago on one of the threads that showed UFC champions losing to Japanese fighters in the ring?

And other than Yushin Okami,Yuki Kondo, Dong Kim and maybe Gomi, Japanese fighters have not had much success in the ufc, so you can spin it either way.

·
3,747 Posts

The champions that fought over there are nowhere near as skilled as the fighters are today. The guys you're talking about losing are from an older generation of fighters.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't know what to make of Lesnar as an MMA fighter. There are times he was impressive and other times not so much. It seemed that Dana White was just handing Lesnar the belt by giving him opportunities he didn't earn. I mean, for a fighter that was 5-3 at the time of his retirement, to have held a championship seemed a little odd. Nonetheless, who knows how Lesnar would fair? in my estimation probably not that good, unless he protects his weak gut.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't know what to make of Lesnar as an MMA fighter. There are times he was impressive and other times not so much. It seemed that Dana White was just handing Lesnar the belt by giving him opportunities he didn't earn. I mean, for a fighter that was 5-3 at the time of his retirement, to have held a championship seemed a little odd. Nonetheless, who knows how Lesnar would fair? in my estimation probably not that good, unless he protects his weak gut.
Sherman, I thought UFC wasn't scripted and that Brock won all those fights legitimately..?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sherman, I thought UFC wasn't scripted and that Brock won all those fights legitimately..?
I'm just saying...It took Mike Tyson 30 fights, fights where he brutally dismantled people to earn a title shot. Same with Ali, Foreman, Mayweather, etc. I know I'm talking boxing but that's the major flaw in UFC specifically, you win a couple fights and ooohhh here's a title bout for ya. I'm just a bitter old boxing fan I guess...:lol

·
3,747 Posts
I'm just saying...It took Mike Tyson 30 fights, fights where he brutally dismantled people to earn a title shot. Same with Ali, Foreman, Mayweather, etc. I know I'm talking boxing but that's the major flaw in UFC specifically, you win a couple fights and ooohhh here's a title bout for ya. I'm just a bitter old boxing fan I guess...:lol
I think he got it for 4 reasons:
1. He is/was a huge draw
2. His dominance in his first three fights showed his promise
3. Right time, right place
4. His age

1 - 16 of 16 Posts