Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all honestly.

But in my opinion yes, he always gave us something a little different to the Cena/Orton crap we've lovingly endured.
He added something as a babyface that those two frankly don't have, Batista was never the underdog, and the few times he was, it was pretty terrible. He was a powerhouse who embodied everything a main event star should aspire to be.

Sure I know the guy himself is pretty much regarded as an asshole, but why should we care about that? I'm not gonna go grab a bev with the guy.
Was he an IWC darling? certainly not, he got more hate on him than Cena did at times, but he was a dependable top star, who was bigger than orton and cena at times.

Is it ironic the person most of us wanted gone for the longest time is pretty much what's missing from the company right now?

·
Banned
730 Posts
Most likely. Batista always reminded me of someone's dad. Cena is like the kid who is always doing the same bad thing as the other kids, yet he never gets in trouble for doing the same thing. haha

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Title says it all honestly.

But in my opinion yes, he always gave us something a little different to the Cena/Orton crap we've lovingly endured.
He added something as a babyface that those two frankly don't have, Batista was never the underdog, and the few times he was, it was pretty terrible. He was a powerhouse who embodied everything a main event star should aspire to be.

Sure I know the guy himself is pretty much regarded as an asshole, but why should we care about that? I'm not gonna go grab a bev with the guy.
Was he an IWC darling? certainly not, he got more hate on him than Cena did at times, but he was a dependable top star, who was bigger than orton and cena at times.

Is it ironic the person most of us wanted gone for the longest time is pretty much what's missing from the company right now?
I personally think so. Bautista vs HHH is my favorite feud of the last 10 years and, IMO he brought back some much needed prestige back to the title. It was unreal how hot he was going into WM21 and he was able to sustain the momentum after he won. I thought it was completely retarded for them to move him to Smackdown. Cena was not nearly as hot at the time. Sadly, Bautista was never able to regain the momentum back after he returned from his time off. IMO, when I saw Bautista, there was never a doubt in my mind that he was a deserving champion and I think he could have had an extended run as the top guy.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Maybe not a saving grace, but the shows would have had more of a badass feel to them.

Assuming they left Batista alone, and let him be who he is.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
FWIW, in another thread, I typed up what an ex-WWE writer had to say about this. Vince was making the decision between Cena and Batista, and apparently the Edge/Cena series was a big thing that swayed it toward Cena's direction:
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/general-wwe/986913-new-interview-w-former-wwe-writer-alex-greenfield-talks-hhh-burying-orton-more-8.html#post25033969

The guy says a lot of interesting stuff, so the whole thread is interesting, but I linked directly to the Cena/Batista part.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think he would have been similar to Lesnar...

And most people say his departure coming.

Anyone that "dabbles" in MMA...

Usually gives it a shot nowadays.

Especially if they publicly express interest.

UNLESS...they're too old (Angle, Goldberg, The Undertaker).

He happened to be a little too old...

But still decided to go for it. Dumb move.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts