Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can see him having great fueds with kane orton punk etc.. If he was used right

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
I'd mark out if it were during the late 90's when Taker had the dark gimmick and dark gimmicks were all the rage (Kane in his prime, Taker, Sting, Brood, Vampiro) etc. Now? I couldn't care less to be honest. He was never one to put on a wrestling clinic and I don't think it would catch on in todays demographic all that much, with him leaving his opponents in a blood bath and whatnot.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Maybe many years ago, yes. But now? He's old as hell, does he still even wrestle? Vampiro was a top notch wrestler back in the day but when he broke in to the American scene he was very underrated. His small little feud with CM Punk in MLW was pretty good. I always thought Punk took a little chunk out of Vampiro for his character.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe many years ago, yes. But now? He's old as hell, does he still even wrestle? Vampiro was a top notch wrestler back in the day but when he broke in to the American scene he was very underrated. His small little feud with CM Punk in MLW was pretty good.
Thats what i thought as well, when he was with straight edge society i saw alot of vampiro in punk etc

·
Registered
592 Posts
Duh.

Waits for vamp1ro response...
Nice to be thought of, thanks haha. (Y)

He's currently down in Mexico wrestling/booking for AAA. If i were to book him in a come back, it'd have to be against a heavy cruiserweight like CM Punk or Daniel Bryan, maybe even Christian. If Edge were still around, I'd have Vampiro come back and try to lure him back into his "Brood" days, like when V stalked Sting in WCW.

He's 44, younger than Undertaker and Sting. He actually broke his back a few years ago after falling out of the 2nd floor window of his house, in an attempt to escape as it was being robbed.

His mini-feud with X-Pac in WSX was alright, too bad it was cancelled due to the 'fireball incident'. He wrestled for JCW for a bit, but left for AAA. His 2nd home is Mexico, so it makes sense. They embrace the 'darker' gimmicks more down there more anyway.

Blood Bath Returns!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey does he still have his long hair or did he shave it thought i saw a recent pic of him bald

also what is his age nowadays thought he like was 40 or 41

·
Banned
212 Posts
Duh.

Nice to be thought of, thanks haha. (Y)

He's currently down in mexico booking for AAA. If i were to book him in a come back, it'd have to be against a heavy cruiserweight like CM Punk or Daniel Bryan, maybe even Christian. If Edge were still around, I'd have Vampiro come back and try to lure him back into his "Brood" days, like when V stalked Sting in WCW.

Blood Bath Returns!

Haha, No problem.

Although I don't know nothing about vampiro, As soon as I seen this thread it reminded me of you lol.

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,743 Posts
Only if they accidentally dump blood on the audience who then proceed to no sell it like the WCW days.

·
Likes wrestling....
9,716 Posts
I'd mark out if it were during the late 90's when Taker had the dark gimmick and dark gimmicks were all the rage (Kane in his prime, Taker, Sting, Brood, Vampiro) etc. Now? I couldn't care less to be honest. He was never one to put on a wrestling clinic and I don't think it would catch on in todays demographic all that much, with him leaving his opponents in a blood bath and whatnot.
I could not disagree more....I think the reason wrestling is in a funk right now is because they are not appealing to those fans who like the "show". You can get geered up for your technical masterpieces, but it's still the "show"/ the entrances the pomp that entices a lot of the average fans. A dark gimmick could still knock the people's socks off today, just like it has for 30 years since Kevin Sullivan and his cult.

Wrestling fans are just like any other demographic in the world, there are those of us who like the show, there are those of who like the action. That is why people have made millions on witting books about learning styles. Some kids like lecture, others like experiance. For the last 10 years we have been fed a steady diet of guys with first and last names, and very few gimmicks. Any time there is not balance the industry sucks.

Give me one Papa Shango, and one Killer Kahn, for every C.M Punk and I will show you a business that is thriving. IMO

Oh and Vampiro....love him...but he's done, watched any AAA lately?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hey does he still have his long hair or did he shave it thought i saw a recent pic of him bald

also what is his age nowadays thought he like was 40 or 41
He's 44 and last I saw he had rather short hair. I haven't been able to watch an AAA show in awhile.

Haha, No problem.

Although I don't know nothing about vampiro, As soon as I seen this thread it reminded me of you lol.
Yeah, I saw him first back when he debuted in WCW and was an immediate fan. Then when he brought in the Misfits, one of my favorite bands, I was a superfan. His feuds with Sting were some of my favorite.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.