Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know people thought it was hard for Nexus to last long,especially when they were basically only facing Cena for 6 months, but I remembered evolution dominating Raw for so long, and that was with 2 guys who barely did much before evolution, also having flair who was over 50, and HHH who was the main guy.

How much do people think a new stable really would be able to work in WWE for a long time(not just like 2-3 months).

The stable with Ziggler,Swagger,Otunga,Rhodes and Christian would be a real good one that hopefully WWE does decide to have for several months. Other than Otunga, all those guys could also compete for a world title, but all of them could be legitimate mid card(or tag team) champs too.

Hopefully WWE does go through with that stable. They would really control WWE.

Christian-WHC
Rhodes-IC
Ziggler/Swagger-Tag

Otunga doesn't really need a title since he's like the fighting manager of the group(and also lawyer) since Vickie won't fight.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,792 Posts
If recent professional wrestling history has taught us anything, only ROH of the "Big 3" of today's American pro wrestling landscape can successfully book stables, long-term.

The little, loose mini-stable of sorts that is progressing at the moment is clicking fairly well, though the nucleus is quite clearly Ziggler/Swagger with Vickie as the manager, and I hope that storyline continues all the way into Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Christian (Leader)
Ziggler & Swagger (Tag Team)
Cody Rhodes (Crown Jewel)
Vickie Guerrero (Mouthpiece)

I would drop Otunga from this stable, and just have him go solo and do his own thing, and Vickie can be their manager with the stable being built around Christian as the charge of the group is to help him, Christian become World Heavyweight Champion again

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I like the idea of them together, especially Rhodes, Swagger, Ziggler and Otunga as the lawyer type.

Not really liking Christian being involved to be honest, not sure why I just can't get used to him without Edge and Gangrel with him. Haha.

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,046 Posts
Would prefer it if it was just Swagger/Ziggler/Vickie as something along the lines of an 80's manager stable (similar to the 'Hennan Family' stable) and then eventually have one turn on the other and have a 'blow-off' match which would hopefully help to elevate Ziggler to main event status.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Have Vickie Guerrero become like Bobby The Brain Heenan in terms of she is starting her own family of wrestlers to join her stable, and then have those family members turn on each other

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
A heel stable comprised of John Morrison, Christian, Ziggler and Otunga would be pretty cool. Have them playing arrogant, Scott Disick style playboys who treat everybody like shit.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Ziggler, Swagger, Christian & Otunga would be a good stable IMO.I dont think Morrison should be a part of it though. If anything, he would be the chump they are beating on week in week out!!

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
Am I the only person that thing Stables are overrated? Granted, some are good but 9 times out of ten they are so boring. "We banded together because we want XY and Z to happen and we're sick of being treated like this". I hate it. Some stables are great, however but I would much prefer them to leave it for a few years, especially after the disaster that was The Nexus. The last good stable was Evolution and that wasn't particularly groundbreaking as an actual Stable.

·
What?
13,511 Posts
No. Not now. Not ever. I hate stables. I hate what stables have become. In the new generation of WWE booking stables are used specifically to be fed to main event babyfaces. It doesn't do anything for any of the members except make them look weak.

What I do like however is that currently the WWE seem to be going in a cliquey kind of direction. You have superstars that associate with other superstars and it really adds to the feuds and the dynamics of the roster. A stable is a good idea when you have somebody in each division (Evolution for example). Unfortunately they don't do that anymore. I'd rather have associations and cliques form without actually giving them a label.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I like stables. I hate WWE's booking of stables.

Stables should be awesome strong. Why the hell do you want to team up only to get your asses kicked by Super Cena all the time? The feud between Rock and McMahon-Helmsley faction was one of the exciting ever in my opinion. They were kicking the Rock's ass every week until Rock finally won in Backlash 2000. Made you root for the Rock cos the "underdog finally winning against the odds" story is something that everyone can get into.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Not while they maintain the brand split, even in the very relaxed form we're seeing at the moment. The individual brands don't contain enough wrestlers, anything over 4 in a group and it kills almost every other possible storyline.

In my opinion the only way to make it work today is through a manager, say Vickie Guerrero, who works with a number of heels who are loosely alligned only through her. It shifts the focus of feuds, for example, if Ziggler were to break away from her there would be a series of ready made opponants for him that would easily solidify his face turn, lets tag-teams come together and break up without the cliched acrimonious split and provides ready made Suvivor Series teams that make sense without needing to commit to a six month storyline.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
Not while they maintain the brand split, even in the very relaxed form we're seeing at the moment. The individual brands don't contain enough wrestlers, anything over 4 in a group and it kills almost every other possible storyline.

In my opinion the only way to make it work today is through a manager, say Vickie Guerrero, who works with a number of heels who are loosely alligned only through her. It shifts the focus of feuds, for example, if Ziggler were to break away from her there would be a series of ready made opponants for him that would easily solidify his face turn, lets tag-teams come together and break up without the cliched acrimonious split and provides ready made Suvivor Series teams that make sense without needing to commit to a six month storyline.
make it swagger turning face
ziggler has just that look that screams i am a fucking heel. deal with it

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
make it swagger turning face
ziggler has just that look that screams i am a fucking heel. deal with it
I only picked him because he's the star of that potential group, what with holding the US title and having been with her the longest. It doesn't really matter who it is, hell, by the time this hypothetical group happens it might be Seth Rollins, Richie Steamboat or Xavier Woods who leaves and turns face. Focus on the general, not the specific.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts